TriPlayer - A feature-rich audio player for Nintendo Switch

wd7qBy2.png

Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce a little something I've been working on since February. After 9 months I believe it's at a state where it's ready for a public release!

Let me introduce TriPlayer, my project that came to be due to the lack of a "proper" audio player for the Nintendo Switch. TriPlayer automatically scans and organizes any audio files you have in the /music folder on the root of your SD card. As pictures speak a thousand words, I'll let the following screenshot help describe it:

ci80MLQ.jpg

As you can see, it handles the metadata embedded within audio files in order to create a complete music library. The music will keep playing while you're playing a game or using another application. Playback can be controlled via the provided Tesla overlay or by pressing button combinations on the controller.

Requirements:
  • A recent version of Atmosphere (0.10.0+)
    • TriPlayer may work on other CFWs, however this is untested
    • The sysmodule requires ~3MB of free memory, so this may clash with other sysmodules
  • A recent firmware version
    • Once again this hasn't been tested, but some code relies on newer firmwares so I suggest 10.0.0+
  • Some music!
    • FLAC, MP3 and WAV are supported at this time
Installation:

1. Download the latest release as a .zip from here
2. Extract the contents to the root of your SD card
3. Place some music in /music
4. Launch the application and wait for the initial scan to complete

GitHub:

A lot more information and usage is covered on my GitHub repo. See the readme for a brief introduction and link to the wiki where everything is covered in detail.
https://github.com/tallbl0nde/TriPlayer

Final Notes:

I hope TriPlayer is useful to many of you who have been wanting a music player on the Switch. As it's quite complex, there's a good chance I've missed some major bugs. Please report these as issues on GitHub. Note that should the sysmodule crash, it will crash the entire OS. While I personally haven't had any crashes while both listening and not listening to music, I recommend stopping the sysmodule (either via the app or overlay) when you're not using it if you want to be extra safe.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by tallbl0nde, , Reason: Update supported formats

Tmofnrev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get it to work for the life of me, it either says can't connect to sysmodule or just hangs on preparing your library I tried deleting all the funky characters I tried the nsp I tried the nro... I'm on 13.0.0|AMS 1.1.1|S

Maskyyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
this is probs so niche that its not worth your time to fix but triplayer seems to crash when playing Nintendo switch online SNES & NES games

Maybe it’s an issue with 12.1.0 firmware and atmosphere 19.5?

(P.S. this homebrew app is so awesome, thanks for the work you’ve done on this! so many games have become much more enjoyable now that I have the option to play my favorite songs over them)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: https://youtu.be/pnPvi4MjgKI