1. manchesterraver

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I updated using sam update, I did the usual, both updaters. and now have a black screen and cannot get back into the suite or boot?

RCM 86 is what im using

cant get back into the update mode for the chip?

the chip has no leds on it.

all straps instaled

Last edited by manchesterraver, Sep 20, 2020
  2. manchesterraver

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    tegra rcm on my pc does not detect my switch, Im not sure if the chip prevents detection because that does the job of paload injection?

3. manchesterraver

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    fixed by using windows. the update mode was failing via mac.

had to reinstall drivers. all fixed here.

4. baileyscream

baileyscream GBAtemp Regular

@mattytrog would it be possible to add the file names
    hekate_ctcaer_*.*.*.bin
    fusee-primary.bin
    Both found in root if possible

I realise hekate_ctcaer has the revision number added to the file name. Is there a way to use a wild card to ignore or accept any numbers in file names
    If not then if just hekate_ctcaer.bin can be added.

I'm using the following and im just trying to get both of your tools to work together in harmony.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=27398&share_type=t&link_source=app

AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, Sigpatches, FW and cheats directly from the Switch

5. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Sadly it looks like Matty is long gone :(

6. baileyscream

I hope he still comes on at some point but I know how easy it is when other commitments take up your time instead
    In the meantime His git is still there with source so I wonder if @KiiWii can help me figure out how to do the changes

peteruk and KiiWii like this.
  7. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    He's been m.i.a. for months, both on here and his personal emails. I wouldn't expect to see him any time soon

Not one to spread gossip or rumour but I wouldn't be surprised if he received a cease and desist or a visit of some sort as he's very old school and wouldn't just disappear without notice

I believe Squee666 had a c&d or similar for fitting chips and mods, so it kind of leads to the same conclusion

Whatever the truth is I just hope he's safe and well because he's a bloody good guy

KiiWii and baileyscream like this.
  8. baileyscream

If its a c&d then its not for his online activity as his threads and git are still live.
    Anyway like you say whatever it is its keeping him offline. Aslong as he's OK.
    I'm wondering if I should start a side thread to modify his tool so we can all help each other and hopefully learn from one another to get this to work in harmony with the aio tool of @Homlet

peteruk likes this.
  9. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    that's totally up to you, could be a good idea if you have the skills etc.. if you decide to do it I hope you succeed :)

baileyscream likes this.
  10. jimh54

jimh54 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need a little help. I have never updated my Trinket. I can see that it is [Simple-UF2 v0.9.8r3 - Hakate CTCAer 4.6svc]. There does not seem to be a way to get to the SAMD21 update mode. Can someone provide a little guidance on how i can update to the newest firmware? Thanks

11. baileyscream

If its like the switchme then it will have a button on it.
    So pressing the rear case of the switch somewhere near the usb port you should hear a click.
    If you don't then no idea.
    If you do then turn on your switch
    Connect it to your pc
    Simply press the powerbutton on the switch one to turn off the display (putting it to sleep not powering it off)
    And if you now press the rear case to make it click then the pc should find your board and open a page. (It might need 2 quick clicks)
    Now with the switchme you just drop the .uf2 file in this page and it updates the chip.
    I will assume yours will do the same
    If not then Google will be your best bet if no one here replies

Just done a Google and it looks like you don't need to press a button. Just connect your switch to pc and just put it to sleep. Your pc should find the board so you can drag n drop the uf2 into it
    https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-trinket-m0-circuitpython-arduino/downloading-and-flashing

Last edited by baileyscream, Oct 7, 2020
  12. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm new to the trinket been using rcm loader does the trinket remove having to use the usb loader and jig?

13. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Depends if you did the 7 wires, if you didn't do the dual boot method, you would still need a jig to enable RCM mode, basically it function like an internal rcm loader.

14. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I haven't done any yet just looking Into it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If I have autorcm enabled then it will autopush a payload?

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    AutoRCM with an autoboot config to boot a specific payload.

16. pure3d2

pure3d2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The gist of it is this: do the install with the volume+ strap, and RCM strap and you will get autoboot into CFW by renaming your payload as payload.bin and putting it into the root of your SD card. I went with the full install (all straps: volume+, RCM, and USB strap).

This will allow you to have a Switch that can be powered off completely and boot CFW all self-contained without carrying a jig or payload pusher.

17. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ok I'm not familiar with tiny soldiering so I'll try to see if I can find an installer

18. baileyscream

Not once you turn on auto rcm

19. baileyscream

If you have auto rcm and just want to boot to hekate or 1 payload then no need for any straps.
    Straps are optional.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Fusee_Suite, [Trinket], Software]