Trinket M0 won’t let me transfer files to it again

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys. So today I installed my trinket m0 to my switch. Just to get the dual boot, and other fancy perks. I followed all the steps in the guide on this website. And when I tried to set up files for the trinket. It only accept the trinket.uf2 but not the fusee.uf2 file (the one used for strap loading etc). Honestly I think the chip is fried. Which isn’t ideal as i just bought it off Amazon.
If you guys knew of anything that would be amazing as I have spent the best part of 5 hours trying to figure this out.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Have you already installed it in the Switch? Or are you trying to flash it before installing it? If the former iirc it will only accept transfers if you're in the Switch's firmware not RCM (maybe the reverse? Been a while since I've flashed a hard modded erista).

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you already installed it in the Switch? Or are you trying to flash it before installing it? If the former iirc it will only accept transfers if you're in the Switch's firmware not RCM (maybe the reverse? Been a while since I've flashed a hard modded erista).
I tried to do it before. It came with files preinstalled and I thought they were useless. So I move them to my desktop and put the other trinket files on there.

I tried before with the usb installed then used hot air to remove it then tried while the switch was powered on in the normal os. Before I used to copy the file over it would copy turn off then turn on. When it showed up on the screen the file wasn’t there anymore.
Now when copying if I copy and uf2 files it won’t copy and just stays stuck on calculating.

And even with it fully installed it won’t boot into rcm. Just stays red or purple colour on the led

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I tried to do it before. It came with files preinstalled and I thought they were useless. So I move them to my desktop and put the other trinket files on there.

I tried before with the usb installed then used hot air to remove it then tried while the switch was powered on in the normal os. Before I used to copy the file over it would copy turn off then turn on. When it showed up on the screen the file wasn’t there anymore.
Now when copying if I copy and uf2 files it won’t copy and just stays stuck on calculating.

And even with it fully installed it won’t boot into rcm. Just stays red or purple colour on the led
I can't remember ever seeing files show up on the trinket. Iirc when you drag files on to it it just flashes whatever you copied in to the bootloader. When you're trying to copy the files you're pressing the button on the chip right? Once you do that it should show up as something like "trinket boot" on your pc.
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-trinket/starting-the-bootloader

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember ever seeing files show up on the trinket. Iirc when you drag files on to it it just flashes whatever you copied in to the bootloader. When you're trying to copy the files you're pressing the button on the chip right? Once you do that it should show up as something like "trinket boot" on your pc.
Yeah, I do reset it every time I want to drag files over. I double press the reset and drag the files over but they refuse to stay on it. And now it’s just gotten worse and won’t even copy and form of uf2 files over

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you probably flashed it correctly. After you flash it with the correct files it will only show trinket.uf2 and not what you copied over. This result is expected.

Is the trinket now fully installed with all straps soldered?

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like you probably flashed it correctly. After you flash it with the correct files it will only show trinket.uf2 and not what you copied over. This result is expected.

Is the trinket now fully installed with all straps soldered?
Oh yeah with everything soldered, in all the correct positions but it only boots the ofw don’t know if I was missing a step or something

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn’t be booting straight to ofw though. Unless you have it in dual boot already. Try holding vol+ while powering on to see if it changes. Also make sure you have your payload renamed to payload.bin sitting on the root of your SD card.

Also note if you see the trinkets leds flash at all. You might have to try and use the samd_21 Update.bin to try and send the uf2 files again if it’s borked for some reason.

All info on how to do it all is here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...software-new-fusee_suite-uf2-packages.553998/

Last edited by kylum,
Reactions: binkinator

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I t
It shouldn’t be booting straight to ofw though. Unless you have it in dual boot already. Try holding vol+ while powering on to see if it changes. Also make sure you have your payload renamed to payload.bin sitting on the root of your SD card.

Also note if you see the trinkets leds flash at all. You might have to try and use the samd_21 Update.bin to try and send the uf2 files again if it’s borked for some reason.

All info on how to do it all is here:
I think I have buggered my volume button as can’t change the volume now. Can show pics of resistor so if needed. Trinket leds either flash from purple to red and stay red while it boots ofw. And that’s all it does. I have the payload on the root of the sd card plugged in. Not sure if it’s in dual boot already. As the volume button doesn’t work and I’ve changed the flex as i have a few parts laying around. And it doesn’t work but audio etc work fine. The samd21 do they update the trinket as I think the boot load is Mukked up so I can’t copy files over. But seriously thank you for all the help

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post good pics of your install and connections. Maybe you didn’t get a good flash after all. If you connected the joycon strap it should be going into RCM.

Desolder the vol+ point to see if you get vol+ operation back. Check for solder bridging as well. Something has definitely gone wrong. Hopefully it’s just the trinket if there is damage.

No need to thank me but either way your welcome.

Edit: Have you ever been able to launch cfw on this switch? Prior to trinket install?

Last edited by kylum,

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Post good pics of your install and connections. Maybe you didn’t get a good flash after all. If you connected the joycon strap it should be going into RCM.

Desolder the vol+ point to see if you get vol+ operation back. Check for solder bridging as well. Something has definitely gone wrong. Hopefully it’s just the trinket if there is damage.

No need to thank me but either way your welcome.

Edit: Have you ever been able to launch cfw on this switch? Prior to trinket install?
Yes I managed to install cfw before and it worked like a dream. I uninstalled the chip. To check the switch was working but this is where I noticed the volume strap wasn’t working up all other functions still worked. I think the connector isn’t holding the cable down strong enough so maybe not making a good connection. I did test with the multi meter and the 2 middle pins of the volume up/ down were connected to a grounding pad so I’m not sure if that’s right or not right. I did connect the vol strap and it wasn’t launching into rcm literally straight into ofw and would work fine in ofw.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the resistor is shot. Not sure of the value as I’m to lazy to rip mine apart to test. (Original creator of this mod states can be safely bridged if damaged and can’t replace with <150R) However, the vol+ strap isn’t needed for it to work but will need an older version of fhe .uf2 found in a different thread than what I posted a few post back. Unfortunately, RCM should have worked. The problem could be the chip/flash or solder skills you possess/ to long of wires…

Samd21_update.bin is a payload you can send that will allow you to put it programming mode. Press button twice like before to put in trinketboot mode after payload is sent. Or do this to put in trinketboot uf2 mode. Not sure if these only work if successfull previous flash or not. The original creator has went silent for a long while now.

Last edited by kylum,

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the resistor is shot. Not sure of the value as I’m to lazy to rip mine apart to test. (Original creator of this mod states can be safely bridged if damaged and can’t replace with <150R) However, the vol+ strap isn’t needed for it to work but will need an older version of fhe .uf2 found in a different thread than what I posted a few post back. Unfortunately, RCM should have worked. The problem could be the chip/flash or solder skills you possess/ to long of wires…

Samd21_update.bin is a payload you can send that will allow you to put it programming mode. Press button twice like before to put in trinketboot mode after payload is sent. Or do this to put in trinketboot uf2 mode. Not sure if these only work if successfull previous flash or not. The original creator has went silent for a long while now.

I will have to reinstall but I’m 99% sure my wiring is fine I have bridged the 2 pads and everything is short and clean. As I used to do hard mods on xbox 360s for a long long time. So soldering skills are okay. I am going to replace the resistor, and will update you with the function restoration. Is there anyway to reflags the bootloader on the trinket with the newest one or put it in uf2 mode etc. thank you

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have to reinstall but I’m 99% sure my wiring is fine I have bridged the 2 pads and everything is short and clean. As I used to do hard mods on xbox 360s for a long long time. So soldering skills are okay. I am going to replace the resistor, and will update you with the function restoration. Is there anyway to reflags the bootloader on the trinket with the newest one or put it in uf2 mode etc. thank you
Uf2 mode to reflash is all that I know about!

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No problem. Wish I could have helped more. Good luck!
Doesn’t look the best but that’s the point 3 or the rcm strap. And even with this attached to point 3 it still doesn’t like to boot into rcm just straight into ofw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    915.8 KB · Views: 72

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a good joint to me! Minus some clean up. I would focus on getting your volume sorted (get it back to working order). Also, trying to reflash that trinket. I’m suspecting your original thought of it not flashing correctly is the real issue. Honestly, I don’t know without testing myself.

Where did you get the uf2 files from?
You can also try putting it into autoRCM to see if it sends the payload to check if the trinket is working at all?!?

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a good joint to me! Minus some clean up. I would focus on getting your volume sorted (get it back to working order). Also, trying to reflash that trinket. I’m suspecting your original thought of it not flashing correctly is the real issue. Honestly, I don’t know without testing myself.

You can also try putting it into autoRCM to see if it sends the payload to check if the trinket is working at all?!?
I got the files from guide, and used them but now it won’t let me flash any uf2 files to it at all which is quite annoying. Will try the auto rcm and hopefully that works to send the payload. Volume button is working now after replacing the resistor with a small bit of kynar wiring works perfectly fine. Just need to fix this stupid trinket

Swarmx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ordered a new trinket, honestly had enough of this one. Any tips for the new one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.