FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. To be truthful, the only flash card I own is the DS-X, and I don't know too much about trimming, but I do know that trimming is a way of getting rid of unnecessary space that is not being occupied by any files. This makes sense because there are no roms that are in between 64 MB and 128 MB and therefore a game that is actually 72 MB would have 56 MB of unoccupied space. I'm pretty sure that trimming takes away those 56 MB, significantly decreasing the size of the game. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I inferred from being told that trimming gets rid of unnecessary space. So anyways, because the DS-X is only 512 MB, it would be awesome if you could trim the roms. Is this possible? Am I right about what trimming is?

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://offlinelist.free.fr/

it's an application. and its great for rom management. be sure to download the nds releases .dat file from

http://www.advanscene.com/

once u have offline list setup it has a simple interface that tells u which roms are verified, missing, incorrectly named, or have incorrect compression. the program will also check for updates every time you start offline list, and adds the new roms to the list for ya. and if u choose to do so in the options it will also download a frew jpegs for each file giving a screenshot of the ingame and box for each rom. and as i said earlier you can rename roms to include the title, company, save type, language, rom number etc.

Nekki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://offlinelist.free.fr/

it's an application. and its great for rom management. be sure to download the nds releases .dat file from

http://www.advanscene.com/

once u have offline list setup it has a simple interface that tells u which roms are verified, missing, incorrectly named, or have incorrect compression. the program will also check for updates every time you start offline list, and adds the new roms to the list for ya. and if u choose to do so in the options it will also download a frew jpegs for each file giving a screenshot of the ingame and box for each rom. and as i said earlier you can rename roms to include the title, company, save type, language, rom number etc.

The application is awesome, incredible. Just the one that i'm looking for. Thanks for the post. In that moment i'm donwloading the GBA and NDS dat (and PNGs
tongue.gif
).

A quick question, you know about the place/website/wherever where to obtain the .dat for SNES, Genesis, Master System, Mame, as advanscene? I mean, dat for SNES that includes PNGs as well?

thank.

Nekki

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so about the R4 DS Trimmer. Does it work perfectly for DS-X, taking .nds roms and trimming them while not changing the file format in any way? Only asking because DS-X Trimming Software is still in the making. I noticed that the name was changed in the link that was given me from the untrimmed rom to the trimmed rom. Is this just so that you know, and then you change it back to whatever the original name was?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so about the R4 DS Trimmer. Does it work perfectly for DS-X, taking .nds roms and trimming them while not changing the file format in any way? Only asking because DS-X Trimming Software is still in the making.
Trimming is trimming. It's not done differently for different cards. I don't have experience using either program, but they should work for any card that uses clean roms. If you're asking if the R4 trimmer patches roms to work with the R4, it does not.

QUOTEI noticed that the name was changed in the link that was given me from the untrimmed rom to the trimmed rom. Is this just so that you know, and then you change it back to whatever the original name was?
Assuming you mean the R4 trimmer, You have to have a different name for the trimmed file unless you want to overwrite the untrimmed file.

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, so basically to keep my saved games though, id have to change the name to something like "originalgamenametrm.sav" instead of "originalgamename.sav" and it would work fine? Also, any trimmers for Macs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users