SSF43DE Master
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am keeping each wii iso I have on an hdd just in case the dvd dies so I could re-burn it. But to save space, I was thinking of keeping trimmed wii isos. Trimmed with wii scrubber 1.40 btw,...

Before I start doing that, I want to know if there is any alledgely known problem with trimmed wii isos, in therms of burning and playing them.

Tia everyone.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just to make this clear:

Trimmed is for DS roms
Scrubbed is for Wii ISO's

And no, there is no problem burning a scrubbed ISO.
They act just like normal ISO's, so online works perfectly.

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't be a problem as trimmed Wii ISOs (scrubbed ISOs) will only contain the game data as opposed to the garbage data that gets added on before each game is pressed for a retail release. I also think trimmed ISOs don't have the update partition in them either.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A scrubbed ISO and trimmed ISO (in WiiScrubber terms, anyways) are NOT the same.

Trimming relocates the garbage data to the end of the file and changes it to 0xff's, maximizing its ability to be compressed. Therefore, trimming requires the disc to be fakesigned. Scrubbing just changes the garbage data to 0xff, and does not require fakesigning.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I actually ended up corrupting game images using the trim function. My advice is you want them small for storage, extract them from your hard drive using WBFS manager, then throw them into a compressed folder. The size on disk will be much smaller than if stored normally. And doing that method, I have not corrupted one single game.

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pippin666 said:
I am keeping each wii iso I have on an hdd just in case the dvd dies so I could re-burn it. But to save space, I was thinking of keeping trimmed wii isos. Trimmed with wii scrubber 1.40 btw,...

Before I start doing that, I want to know if there is any alledgely known problem with trimmed wii isos, in therms of burning and playing them.

Tia everyone.
just burn them like any normal game.

QUOTE(TroyTheZombie @ May 23 2009, 09:59 PM) I actually ended up corrupting game images using the trim function. My advice is you want them small for storage, extract them from your hard drive using WBFS manager, then throw them into a compressed folder. The size on disk will be much smaller than if stored normally. And doing that method, I have not corrupted one single game.

just remove the read-only flag, that fixes this bug.... (when you mean Error: io_seek)
all trimmed ISO's works fine, from DVD/WBFS

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean that error. I mean, lets say..hmm, mario kart. after using the "trim" button in wiiscrubber, it would only go so far as the title screen, then after hitting start, it would sit at a black screen. Other games did similar things.most worked just fine, about...hmm...6 out of 60 had problems.

tkg21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I downloaded a New Supermario Bros Wii ntsc trim iso but I can't burn it right.
When I try opening it on WiiScrubber 1.4, I got a crash. Regionfrii recognized it as C4 region and couldn't patch it to USA. Burning went just fine, but it won't play on Wii (with Wiikey, firm. 4.1)
Any Ideas on how to proceed? Assume that I am a totally newbie (which, in fact, I am) when trying to explain, plz
excl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte