Gaming Trim, SuperTrim or No Trim - Compatibility list for 3DS?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The general rule of thumb goes, if it uses NAND saving, you can't trim it, but any other game is trimmable. I don't know if there are any exceptions to this rule but I haven't heard of any and all my games except Animal Crossing are trimmed and work fine.
A list would indeed be good though. I've heard some games have issues with Super Trim.

Reactions: HtheB

HtheB

OP
Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The general rule of thumb goes, if it uses NAND saving, you can't trim it, but any other game is trimmable. I don't know if there are any exceptions to this rule but I haven't heard of any and all my games except Animal Crossing are trimmed and work fine.
A list would indeed be good though. I've heard some games have issues with Super Trim.
Well, maybe we can also write in the comp. list if the game is using nand saving or not.

Some games have issues with Super Trim yes, but what about some other games? :P
Can someone create this? :)
(And also making a sticky thread???)

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Just don't super trim.

The law of diminishing returns apply here. You get most savings just trimming CCI.

If you SuperTrim, you get significantly less additional space savings plus heaps of possible compatibility issues.

HtheB

OP
Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just don't super trim.

The law of diminishing returns apply here. You get most savings just trimming CCI.

If you SuperTrim, you get significantly less additional space savings plus heaps of possible compatibility issues.
What about the "included updates" inside the rom? Is there any way to remove those updates since there is no reason to have them in the rom...

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
What about the "included updates" inside the rom? Is there any way to remove those updates since there is no reason to have them in the rom...

There's no reason to have two kidneys. We can survive on one, why not remove the extra.

Same principle applies, there are risks removing the updates (aka supertrim).

Reactions: HtheB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr