Not open for further replies.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using the latest Cios,

OK so theres no way to get this to work then , ?

I dont want to keep screwing around with this.

----merged----

When i get it to change from "start " side scroll to the usb device, and click (press button)

it crashs.

help help

----merged----

How are there 9 ppl reading this and not replying.. Come on ppl

----merged----

** PS if you are pissed this is in the wrong section, just at answer this topic, thats why we have a forum with registered users, all discussing topics about Softmodding, I have no luck posting anywhere else, so before you move the topic or message, answer it yourself please, and IM more than happy to talk to you via the phone , **

Been posting all night and been taking steps on my own to get this working, I need some support bros

Now triiforce is active and working,

It finds the games on the HDD usb,

the HDD is

Main part WBFS 400gig, 300 gig used,

Theres a fat 32 part after that of 40 gigs, with all wiiware on it in the format of wads. This part is set as active.

When loading v7 triforce, it asks, usb nand, i go, then theres obviously a page missing the box/pictures (I can fix this later), when I click to a game, Im unable to read quick enough why it couldnt, sometimes however I get a DSI error

Someone please reply, even if you are wrong, its good to brainstorm

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been posting all night and been taking steps on my own to get this working, I need some support bros

Now triiforce is active and working,

It finds the games on the HDD usb,

the HDD is

Main part WBFS 400gig, 300 gig used,

Theres a fat 32 part after that of 40 gigs, with all wiiware on it in the format of wads. This part is set as active.

When loading v7 triforce, it asks, usb nand, i go, then theres obviously a page missing the box/pictures (I can fix this later), when I click to a game, Im unable to read quick enough why it couldnt, sometimes however I get a DSI error

Someone please reply, even if you are wrong, its good to brainstorm

----merged----

I have rev 17 ..

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rhos, please don't bump a topic. (it's in the rules) There's an edit button for a reason. (i just merged your other posts here)

QUOTE said:
• Avoid bumping (reviving) old or new topics; they'll be replied to when they're replied to.

Also, those 9 people reading might not have a clue on how to help you. Be patient. People will help. GBAtemp is worldwide, so just because someone can't help now doesn't mean help won't come later.
smile.gif

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CIOS was v 1042,

Deleted 249 IOS as stated in the forum topics,

when i try now to install Cios rev 17 , on IOS 36, I am getting an error = -1

----

I went and searched, and now Im having problems

someone said to do this

GBAtemp Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 247,030

Just remember, you MUST delete the V19, before you can install/downgrade to V17.

Either use Any Title Deleter, or the MMM package for the deletion.

And ONLY delete the IOS249. Never anything under 200.....

Done its gone,

I try to install CIoS rev 17 on IoS 36, since I dont have 249 anymore,

and error = -1

Help

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've merged all the duplicate threads you've created.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO CREATE A NEW THREAD EVERYTIME.
IF PEOPLE DON'T REPLY TO THE THREAD, JUST WAIT.

I'm warning you, if you're going to create EVEN another single new thread for the same thing as this one, I'm going to suspend you from posting for three days.

blackacidevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
** This is in the right board , theres no reason to remove this **

There isn't. A basic wii contains multiple IOS'es (Input/Output Systems), all of which just sit side by side until some application needs it. In addition, there are some empty slots for new IOS'es as well.
That's where cIOS'es come in (Custom Input/Output Systems). cIOS'es are like IOS'es, but made by the hacking community. They're usually installed to these empty slots (e.g. Waninkoko's cIOS traditionally installs to both 249 and 250), and as such, they don't mess with anything your wii needs to work.

In other words: you can upgrade and downgrade Waninkoko's firmware all you want. The only thing that'll change is the compatibility with the games and the homebrew that rely on Waninkoko's cIOS (such as triiforce).

apoptygma
View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Find Member's Topics Find Member's Posts Apr 7 2010, 08:27 AM Post #6

GBAtemp Regular

Member No.: 249,746

[/quote]
There isn't. A basic wii contains multiple IOS'es (Input/Output Systems), all of which just sit side by side until some application needs it. In addition, there are some empty slots for new IOS'es as well.
That's where cIOS'es come in (Custom Input/Output Systems). cIOS'es are like IOS'es, but made by the hacking community. They're usually installed to these empty slots (e.g. Waninkoko's cIOS traditionally installs to both 249 and 250), and as such, they don't mess with anything your wii needs to work.

In other words: you can upgrade and downgrade Waninkoko's firmware all you want. The only thing that'll change is the compatibility with the games and the homebrew that rely on Waninkoko's cIOS (such as triiforce).
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying , I was always under the impression that waninkoko's firmware touched the other IOS files in some way eg. IOS36 or IOS38 and was concerned that if i'd installed a lower version and the installation were to fail I would be in trouble, if the installer only modifies 249+250 I should be safe, knowing that worst case scenario I'll need to delete the IOS and re-install it

BBking83
View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Find Member's Topics Find Member's Posts Apr 7 2010, 09:00 AM Post #7

GBAtemp Advance Fan

Member No.: 139,753

His firmware updaters caused problems for some people but nit his cIOS Installers.

C.S.I.
View Member Profile Add as Friend Send Message Find Member's Topics Find Member's Posts Apr 7 2010, 09:15 AM Post #8

GBAtemp Regular

Member No.: 247,030

Just remember, you MUST delete the V19, before you can install/downgrade to V17.

Either use Any Title Deleter, or the MMM package for the deletion.

And ONLY delete the IOS249. Never anything under 200.....

Where i am

IOS is deleted

when tryiung to install Cios Rev 17, cant use 249 to install only 36 is and others are an option,

When instaling IOS 36 , I get error = -1

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*merging*

I've already warned you in the "other thread".

I've disabled your posting abilities for three days, maybe that will teach you some patience.

EDIT: Closed at OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse