Hacking TriiForce question

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading up on TriiForce and was thinking of giving it a shot in order to play VC and WiiWare games. I began reading the TriiForce thread and I noticed that someone mentioned that it is possible to play VC/WW games through your HDD? Is that true?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm,

Having tried to read the majority of the TriiForce thread, my head is spinning! I am intrigued by the ability of TriiForce to allow playing of VC and WiiWare games. I just had a few additional questions:

1. After obtaining VC/WW games, must they be converted to a certain format in order to play through TriiForce?
2. TriiForce uses NAND emulation of the HDD instead of the Wii, correct?
3. Is TriiForce safe from bricking my Wii?
4. VC/WW games can be saved on the HDD and played on other Wiis, using those same saves?
5. Any additional info to share?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
1. After obtaining VC/WW games, must they be converted to a certain format in order to play through TriiForce?

You just use "ShowMiiWads" to install them to your NAND dump. ShowMiiWads is suuuuuperb btw, so get it
wink.gif

2. TriiForce uses NAND emulation of the HDD instead of the Wii, correct?

ONLY for WiiWare and VC games, not any other channels or other settings etc.

3. Is TriiForce safe from bricking my Wii?

Pretty much, use it as it should be used then there is virtually no chance of a brick.

4. VC/WW games can be saved on the HDD and played on other Wiis, using those same saves?

Yep, so say for example you load your top ten games onto your external nand and have that on a USB pendrive, you can plug that into any other Wii that has cIOS Rev 14, or 15 installed and play. If the other Wii has the newest HBC, then the USB can hold the app and everything else, so the 2nd Wii only needs the cIOS 14, or 15 installed, nothing more.

5. Any additional info to share?

Nope everything is straight forward.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmm,

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it!!

I have just a couple more follow-up questions and then I will leave you alone.

1. What do you mean by "adding them to your NAND dump"? Do you have to make a NAND backup of the HDD and then insert the VC/WW games to the dump?

2. There apepars to be several versions available. Would it be safe to assume that the beta 7 version is the one to use?

3. Finally, to run TriiForce, do you have to have the applicaiton on your SD card within the apps folder to run? Or is there a way to run apps through HBC from your HDD?

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker,

First, if you haven't noticed, that thread is 61 pages long. I read most, but it starts from back on August 4th until now. Things can change. That is why I was asking.

Second, I mentioned reading the thread in my first post, and that there was so much going on that my head was spinning.

Finally, why do you care? You would rather post a response of "Search...read the thread....why are you starting another one" than just give a straight answer. I thank Slimmmmm for his kindness and willingness to answer a few easy questions

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
@spritefreak: Dude, theres already a TriiForce thread here. Why did you open a new thread? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172166

Read that for all the answers to your questions and more info.

1. What do you mean by "adding them to your NAND dump"? Do you have to make a NAND backup of the HDD and then insert the VC/WW games to the dump?

You make a NAND backup of your Wii, not your HDD because a HDD doesn't have a NAND. So once you dump your Wiis NAND, store it on HDD or SD and add games with ShowMiiWads.

2. There apepars to be several versions available. Would it be safe to assume that the beta 7 version is the one to use?

I like marcs mod myself.

3. Finally, to run TriiForce, do you have to have the applicaiton on your SD card within the apps folder to run? Or is there a way to run apps through HBC from your HDD?

The new HBC can run things from an apps folder on either SD or USB.

Anything else you need to know can be found following the link WiiBricker provided
biggrin.gif

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree Triiforce mrc is much better in my opinion. (Marc's mod) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=184568

The one thing I don't like about Triiforce is that if you use your usb hard drive you still have to use a normal SD card (not even SDHC will work) to load images. If not you will get the ? in all the boxes.

EDIT:

Maybe it does work on SDHC. Some of the images are loading now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse