Triiforce 0.42 - Difficulties. Seeking Assistance

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Dr Awesomo, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dr Awesomo
    OP

Newcomer Dr Awesomo Advanced Member

Canada
    Recently, my hands came upon a new external HDD. Seagate Expansion, it's called, I believe. It's a 1TB USB 2.0.

Having read as many Triiforce tutorials as I could get my hands on, I've managed to successfully get it to run on my SD-NAND backup. I haven't trid the HDD yet, due to the fact I can't seem to format it to FAT32, only exFAT (FAT64). Which begs the question: will exFAT work?

Anyways, the reason I bring this thread up is for the following:
    Is it possible the launch retail discs through Triiforce?

I was hopping triiforce would register the Disc Channel as a channel it could use, but I guess not. That having been said, which wad-based "backup" launcher is also designed to allow the successful launch of a retail disc?

thanks in advance, any other method than identified above is much appreciated

2. Richardarkless

Member Richardarkless GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    exfat wont work so it has to be fat32

If you use windows then that is the problem, it has a limitation where you can only format drives that is under 32gb so use a 3rd party tool like this one and format as fat32 (pretty stupid that windows doesnt do this out of the box really) or download a linux distro like Ubuntu and burn it to disk (linux is an os like windows is but linux is not windows so expect it to be a different experience)

You can get a wad of neogamma, that is the best disk backup loader and I think it supports loading of retail disks

The disk isnt a channel but is part of the system menu