Hacking Tried upgrading to the latest firmware, now I get white screens!

f00had

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so I've got a MK5, and I downloaded the latest firmware for it from neoflash.com. I was using X menu 2.55

Copied the Autoflash file to the MK5, ran it, it upgraded and said to restart and format. When I tried to restart all I get is white screens, I tried holding start + select to format but it doesn't work it just comes up with the white screens. I think it's bricked cause I forgot to copy the X menu file that came with it
frown.gif

Is there any way to fix it?

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you own the USB-Reader [No cable, just a reader you insert the MK5 cardridge] or the Slot 2 linker (The GBA card with the USB cable) ?

f00had

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's recognised, I can copy files to and from the MK5 but if I turn on my DS and choose the MK5 in the DS menu it just comes up with 2 white screens.

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1: hold L+R+A+B+DOWN on starting the DS with inserted card o0 ATM I dont have a ncard, but that is (or was... I dont know if they changed it) the key-combo to fast-format the card

after that:

is there a file called "xmenu.dat" on the card ?

If not, download the latest firmware archiv and copy the xmenu.dat onto the card...

f00had

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I'll try that out... But I haven't got it with me so it could be a long time before I get to try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.