Tried Updating R4, now it doesnt work at all?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jeannoelzz, Aug 11, 2011.

Aug 11, 2011
  1. jeannoelzz
    OP

Newcomer jeannoelzz Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have a friend who gave me his DS lite and an R4, the r4 worked but the cheats didn't, and after searching for help to change it to an english one, i just gave up, and it ended up with no cheats what so ever! anyway, i tried changing the software of the R4 into wood, because it was a v.21 or something, i decided to use a more recent one so i can use cheats for pokemon black/white etc and, no matter what i did, it didnt work, im not sure if my R4 is original or not but all it says is that is Revoloution for DS (NDSL/NDS) which people say mean its the original. It says that i had to format the microsd card, i did so, and it didnt work, so i thought sod this for a game of darts and tried t replace the files i took out from it before hand so it would go back to normal, which it had done before when i tried without formatting the mirosd, and now, it doesnt work AT ALL. it just keeps loading, and im soooo upset and frustrated. any help? i haven explained this well but to be honest i dont really know much, everything needs to be explained in laments terms. sorry [​IMG]

2. samiam144

Member samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Canada
    You said you tried the Latest Wood firmware meaning Wood Firmware v1.35 from the main page right?

Make sure the one you download is the first download in the main page: Wood R4 1.35. I use this on my M3 Simply which is a clone of R4 and it works perfectly, cheats and all.
    I'm not sure how to fix your problem, but if you installed Wood right and it still doesn't work, it might be your card man :[

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    maybe your R4 can't run wood.

It is called Super R4 Ultra or something like that?

4. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Does the card have a webaddress on the sticker on the front? If so what is it?

5. jeannoelzz
    OP

Newcomer jeannoelzz Newbie

United Kingdom
    okay, so to answer the questions. i tried all of that, downloaded the right firmware and everything, i followed the instructions TO POINT. my R4 is legit, its not a super or a gold or anything, the sticker says R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) now i tried some investigating my own, and i think its the cartridge that is broken. because i got my sisters R4, put it in my DS and it worked fine,, put the SD card into my sisters r4, put it in hers and it worked fine, put it in mine and it worked fine, but when i put the sd card into MY r4 cartridge, it doesnt work in my DS or my sisters DS at all, and its really frustrating, i dunno what to do and to be honest i dont wanna be buying an new one [​IMG]