Tried to virginize my Wii and now it doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AfroGunsou, Apr 1, 2010.

1. AfroGunsou
    OP

Newcomer AfroGunsou Newbie

United States
    Sorry that my first post is a new topic but, I had a problem and was told I should come to GBAtemp to ask about it.

So, short version, I was having problems with my Wii so somebody suggested I virginize it using this guide. Unfortunately, I got to step 5 and realized I hadn't put the NANDcleaner on my SD card. I was already in the homebrew channel so I just took my SD card out, put NANDcleaner on it and put it back in the Wii. But my homewbrew apps didn't come back up. I tried a few more times and still nothing. So I decided to shut off my Wii and turn it back on. The system comes on but nothing comes on screen. Ever. So this is where I currently stand. I really, really hope that this can be fixed...

2. gameking66

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Get an autobooting modchip. Or a new Wii.

If you have priiloader use that.

3. WiiHoney

Member WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you try bannerbomb or tp hack again?

After you follow the guide to install or update the wii " http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...-guide/updating " you will loose the HBC.

In the step 4 from the guide you posted, it tells you to run NUS Auto Downloader and follow the step of whitch it remove any trushabug IOSes.

Run the bannerbomb or hackmii installer...

good luck

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I don't get why people keep linking to the virginize guide
    It's only supposed to be use to get rid of hack for if you do not want to rehack it ever again...

What was the last step you did?

@WiiHoney: You'll only lose the HBC if it was an old version. And he can't run bannerbomb if the screen stays black

5. WiiHoney

United States
    As told by GK66, nandclean is for priiloader basically, do you or did you have the prilloader installed?

6. WiiHoney

United States
    ok! i think i misunderstood this statment i guess?

7. cthg

Member cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So what went wrong though? did you accidentally delete the system menu or the ios needed for the system menu when doing any title deleter?

8. ChokeD

Member ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    power the wii on while holding the reset button on the wii, if a menu comes up let us know, if it doesn't, not much I can do.

9. cthg

Member cthg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well if the system menu isn't effed up there's always savemefrii... but I don't really know why it would have a black screen if the system menu wasn't effed up. And he'd need an official disk with 4.2 firmware update on the disk.

10. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    Its the infamous "i took the sd card out" brick...... riiiiiiight. now what did u really do, cuz i call bullshit

11. AfroGunsou
    OP

United States
    Okay, I'll try to give a little more information but it sounds like I'm pretty screwed...

Well, I didn't say it bricked when I took out the SD card. It was still going but the apps wouldn't show up on the HBC. It messed up when I reset it.

12. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    bootmii is the program that u are speaking of with the 4 choices. BTW dont ever virginize your wii again, just rehack if you need to.

13. Skiller

Member Skiller GBAtemp Regular

Canada

if Bootmii is on the system then u might be saved .. [​IMG]
    if i have a Nand backup that is ..
    all u would need is the back up and the FIles for bootmii . Check if u have a Folder on your DS called Bootmii or something maybe u renamed it so it would not pop up .. but u might have deleted it .. all u need to do is get that folder back. Again only will work if u have already a backup..

Or u might be able to reinstall some of the IOS us dont have with bootmii and HBC

14. AfroGunsou
    OP

United States
    Um, I did make a back-up way back when I first installed homebrew and bootmii and all that jazz. As far as I know, bootmii is still on the system I have a bootmii folder on my SD card and a back-up folder with a file called "nand.bin" in it. I just don't get how I can do anything on the Wii if I have no picture whatsoever.

15. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    read deadlyfoez guide you will magically understand

16. AfroGunsou
    OP

United States
    Well, the first method (setting the bootmii config file to HBC) didn't work. The second method says to either use SaveMii or SaveMeFrii. I read that SaveMii needs an autoboot disc which deadlyfoez guide doesn't seem to mention. And the SaveMeFrii method says to refer to the "Determining what's wrong" section after you get the firmware numer but I can't find where a there are any further instructions for that method.

17. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    By the way...if you were on the HBC and took the SD card out and the apps didn't come back when you put the SD card back in, did you by any chance have a USB drive plugged in? If so, that's why. If you pull an SD card while a USB drive is plugged in, it looks for apps on the USB drive even if there are none, and won't switch back to SD until you press button 1 (I think) and tell it to look on the front SD slot.

Also, if you do have BootMii and can access it, I'd try going to the HB channel first rather than the NAND backup since it's so old. If the system menu was messed up it would be super simple to reinstall a WAD of it if you've the means (that assumes you have a vulnerable IOS installed though).

*edit*
    There's a way to do this via BootMii as well, though I can't remember what it's called. That way you could do it even with no vulnerable IOS installed.

18. AfroGunsou
    OP

United States
    More than likely not.

Another question, if all else fails, could I send in my Wii for repairs?

19. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    You can send it to Ninti for repair, but no idea what they may charge though.

If they know its been hacked, then there is certainly NO warranty.

20. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    yes. that is true