Tried to update atmosphere emunand on ipatched 4.1.0 and failed?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Greedy_Boy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. bodefuceta

bodefuceta GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2018
    Brazil
    That's kind of true but not precisely. If you update with choijudour, you don't burn fuses. But if you turn it on without RCM (auto or not), the default bootloader will kick in, and that thing burns the fuses if they're below the current firmware (or refuse to boot if they're above).

2. MacBlaster

MacBlaster Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2009
    Brazil
    Im a totaly Noob, and i know that its to late, but one tip that someone give to me its to use two different themes for the fws. Dark mode on sysnand and white on emunand (or vice versa). I dont know If every Noob out there do this but helps not make a mistake.

(Sorry for the poor english)

KazoWAR and Lacius like this.
  3. ucef

ucef Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Morocco
    you wasn't on the EMUMMC so you did upgrade the sysnand instead of the emummc

Last edited by ucef, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Greedy_Boy
    OP

Greedy_Boy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    Serbia, Republic of
    Okay guys, now i'm understand what happened. As this guide says at the beginning it will soon be updated with instructions on using emuMMC. I thought only precaution was to not enable AutoRCM. At that time i didn't understand what emuMMC word means and didn't understand that guide without steps of emunand creation, actually i thought it automatically created beacause in hekate launch menu second button was "CFW(emunand)". So yes firmware update was started in sysnand. :(

5. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Updating officially doesn't burn fuses either. If you want you can update officially and then always boot into RCM using a jig and then launching a payload. I wouldn't risk it, although I'm sure some people who have modded their switch will have done this.

"Not updating fuses" refers to how you bypass the bootloaders attempts to check the fuses, there is no way to do that on an ipatched switch.

Last edited by smf, Jul 17, 2019
  6. ucef

ucef Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Morocco
    if you use autorcm in a ipatched unit with nareba or cafeine you will brick the console

7. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Yes, maybe I wasn't clear. The previous post was about burning fuses, a bricked switch won't have it's fuses burned.

ucef likes this.
  8. 2pacsawyer

2pacsawyer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    United States
    Can someone confirm this statement?

There is currently no way to update the emummc firmware on an ipatched switch because inorder to do so without burning fuses and messing up the original firmware/sysnand you have to enable autorcm. autorcm well brick your ipatched switch.

So if I'm currently running emummc CFW 4.1.0 on an ipatched switch I'm currently stuck on this firmware.

9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    First, you didn't need to receive a dead/dying thread.

Second, your statement is untrue. You can update your emuNAND to any system version. You just need to make sure you're on your emuNAND when you perform the system update, because you don't want to accidentally update your sysNAND.

If it's a clean emuNAND, you can update your emuNAND in the system settings. If it's an offline dirty emuNAND (i.e. You use it for hacks), you should update your emuNAND using ChoiDujourNX.

Updating an emuNAND will not burn fuses, and it will not install AutoRCM.