1. HarryDresden

OP HarryDresden Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    it said initialized successfully! Uploading payload, but nothing happened, my screen stayed black

i read elsewhere that it might have something to do with the usb port so i tried my laptop but i needed to pull out the crap paper clip jig i was using to install firmware on my laptop aswell or w/e and now i cant get the damned jig back in.

does this mean my switch is not patched? i was really just doing this to see if i could easily mod my switch, and if im able to mod it whats the best way to go about it? should i buy like the usb dongle thing i saw that does it easily and quickly?

thanx in advance

2. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    It seems like its patched if you see nothing after sending a payload. Anyway, firstly try getting into hekate and only then start thinking what dongle to buy and what cfw to use etc... No reason to think about that if you are not even sure if your switch is patched or not.

HarryDresden likes this.
  3. HarryDresden

OP HarryDresden Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    thanx and sorry im a bit confused, i thought the first step was to send a payload and see if my switch was patched or not.

i checked the serial number site and my switch is "maybe" patched, and i read on a different thread that other people have ran into this problem where the rocket doesnt show up and they tried a bunch of different things and were able to fix it, is their other ways to tell if its patched? i dont wanna spend money and wait days just to find out the dongle is useless cuss i cant mod my switch

also if its patched and on newest firmware is their anything i can do to mod it?

Last edited by HarryDresden, Mar 30, 2020
  4. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Russia
    No other certain ways of telling if its patched or not other than sending a payload. If you are in RCM and after sending a payload nothing happens, its most likely patched if you don have any problems related to software or win/mac drivers etc.

If its patched and on FW>4.1, you can't mod it. Have to stick to OFW only.

And yeah, i think you misunderstood me somehow.. By saying "firstly try getting into hekate" i literally meant "try pushing a hekate payload to check if your switch is capable of pushing payloads" (that is the first step).

Last edited by bad361, Mar 30, 2020
  5. HarryDresden

OP HarryDresden Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    damn thats really upsetting, guess ill try it again and see if i can get that damn rocket ship to show up with my laptop

thanx anyways

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - success, message, rocket