Tried to play DQM2 pro and wiped my SD

Weejakebee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was trying to play DQM 2 pro on my TTDS but when I started it up it froze then my SD was wiped. Now I am only getting "MENU?" When I start it and can't seem to find a way to get a ttds menu. Any help?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked the files on the sd card on your pc? To see if it's indeed wiped?
Sounds like an sd card issue, you need to test it with h2testw to check it's not faulty or defective. Backup your data before doing so. Format it as FAT32 32kb clusters before and after the test.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll explain what happened. Running that game, the software was unable to create the .SAV file for some reason (unsupported characters??) and it got stuck in the process of creating the file. By turning off the console you corrupted the file and the entire SD card. A similar thing happened to me 2 times, using the r4 gold pro's own software. With YSMenu it has not happened again.
Unfortunately you have to format it and re-copy its kernel and roms. 😩

Note: Probably if you insert that card into the PC, you will see that it will not be able to read it, or that will contain one or more files with random letters and gibberish symbols. 🤔

Last edited by Nikokaro,
  • Sad
Reactions: CoolMe

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll explain what happened. Running that game, the software was unable to create the .SAV file for some reason (unsupported characters??) and it got stuck in the process of creating the file. By turning off the console you corrupted the file and the entire SD card. A similar thing happened to me 2 times, using the r4 gold pro's own software. With YSMenu it has not happened again.
Unfortunately you have to format it and re-copy its kernel and roms. 😩

Note: Probably if you insert that card into the PC, you will see that it will not be able to read it, or that will contain one or more files with random letters and gibberish symbols. 🤔
Before you format it, try scanning the disk filesystem. Windows lets you do that from the Properties menu or with chkdsk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1