Homebrew tried to learn as much as i can but still got questions - help appreciated

gemscot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok bought a wii a few days ago and it was modded so dont have the backup NAND version is 5.5.4e - should i try to back up the modded NAND?

it has haxchi and homebrew channel

i get an error when i go direct to homebrew but when i load haxchi first then it works fine

i have tried to play games off the sd card but they dont work - do i need to get ssb game in the console drive - happy to buy it if that is what is causing issues - just havent had a chance

i have also used wii usb helper to download games - i have ticked add dlc but not sure if i should or not

i loaded the games on usb drive and they dont work either - when i click on the game it says preparing update and then error code 105-4206 unable to connect to server - when i click on them but of course i dont have any game in the drive

just looking for some help please - if i got ssb would this resolve all my problems or am i just kidding myself that its whats at fault

thanks for any help

Last edited by gemscot,

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey.
Number One- Yes, do a Nand backup as soon as you can.
Number Two- The reason why the Homebrew Launcher does not work is because it is an unsigned app, which means that the Wii U Blocks it from booting up. You need to open Haxchi as soon as you boot up your console, then you can use the Homebrew Launcher.
Number Three- You can boot Wii U games from the SD Card using Loadiine, but it can be time consuming to set up and does not allow you to play online. So I recommend you buy a USB HDD alongside a Y Cable.
Number Four- Wii U USB Helper allows you to download the games with the DLC, so you can do that if you want to.
Number Five- Super Smash Bros is asking for a game update. Your console is probably not connected to the Internet, so you can't update anything. Just connect your Wii U to the Internet and update the game, or you could download the update trough Wii U USB Helper and install it trough Wup Installer.

Reactions: jeannotte

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1) Yes: A backup of a working state is always a good idea.
2) What @GABO1423 said. If you want it to autoboot look into CBHC (coldboot Haxchi). Just make sure to read the warnings it comes with (like not removing the Nintendo account the DS game is linked to).
3) Don't play from SD, play from USB. That means download from the NUS (with Wii U USB Helper, for example) and install with WUP Installer - or simply use NUSspli to download and install in one run. No need to have any disc inserted.
4) If you want the DLC, too, tick it. If not don't. Simple as that.
5) If you're connected to the internet look at network settings and remove custom DNS entries; they are blocking the Nintendo Update Servers! To allow game updates while blocking system updates have a look at https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-prevent-updates-by-removing-the-systems-update-folder.482091/
6) A disc copy of SSB won't help at all. Not sure how you got to that conclusion...?

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over