Tried these DSL Replacement Shells?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Pedro UK, Feb 28, 2007.

Feb 28, 2007
  1. Pedro UK
    OP

Member Pedro UK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I found these shells a while back and was quite intrigued:

http://www.nds-central.com/

Has anybody tried them? If so, are they good quality? I like the idea of having a customised DS but I don't want something that feels obviously third party (ie/ flimsy!).

The chrome one looks really smart! [​IMG]

2. Kenzya

Newcomer Kenzya Member

I have the navy blue and I coupled it with my original white. I'll just say this.. You'll be completely dissapointed in the case until it's all together. After it's together, it ends up looking pretty nice and professional.

3. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    ive seent this site as eell but do u buy off them or are they just suppliers. i want the see through( one(it reminds me of a gameboy pocket)

4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Search for a topic somewhere along the lines of "chrome shock" and you'll get your answer.

They're crap.

edit:typo

5. TheBlueStylus

Newcomer TheBlueStylus Advanced Member

United States
    I have the navy blue, as I said in another thread, they're crap. The one I got to replace my white ds got a crack in like 3 weeks on the right hinge. Also, they're just the clear ones painted, painted poorly... very poorly. If you hold it up to light you can see through the casing. If you're going to spend 40$ on it, it's way better to buy Spray Painting for Dummies or something, buy paint and do it yourself. I am really disappointed with my purchase, and I am back to me old white ds lite shell.

6. Pedro UK
    OP

Member Pedro UK GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Oh well. That seems like a fairly resounding no, then?!

Kenzya - Hows the paint job on yours? By the osunds of it you've lucked out!

@ TheBlueStylus: I'm sorry you've been ripped off. There's nothing worse than being excited about getting something cool and it turning out to be shite. The last time that happened to me it was Lego Starwars 2 on the DS...