Tried looking, please be gentle to a old noob

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Irishsea, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Irishsea
    OP

Irishsea Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    I have been out of the modding scene for years so please forgive me first of all, I recently sold my Wii u because I've been low on funds. Then some how one of my friends ended up with a 32gb console only.

So my question is, with a pro, classic and regular Wii controller no gamepad is there any type of loaders either USB or loadliine or for Wii that I could get working on it?

Or am I stuck with a brick until I figure out if I want to spend the £70 on a gamepad lol.

Thanks in advance:)

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    There's an app for android that acts as a gamepad. I can't remember the name of it right now. You should be able to find something on google or wait a bit.

3. gaga24

gaga24 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Gamepad is needed for hacking, homebrew...so yes, you will need a gamepad.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    First I've heard of that. I thought drc-sim was the only one.
    Edit: Were you talking about DRC-Sim Client? That still requires a PC as a middleman doing most of the work though.
    You can apparently mod a DS VC to remove the gamepad requirement, then you'll be able to use Haxchi. But you need a gamepad to get into the browser and run homebrew in the first place, and you won't be able to install Haxchi without homebrew. Maybe look into getting drc-sim running just to set up the system (as system settings requires it) and install Haxchi.
    You'll need a Linux system (can be a live CD/live USB) and a 5Ghz 802.11n wifi card to run it. Look here: https://github.com/rolandoislas/drc-sim/wiki

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 4, 2017
    H1B1Esquire likes this.
  5. Irishsea
    OP

Irishsea Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2017
    I have the system setup as far as connected to the internet. I did that before I sold my other Wii u. But didn't have time to set anything else up before the guy wanted the other Wii u. I'll look into drc-sim thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice