Hacking Tried for 3 hours to get GCN games to work.

carasson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I burned a disc with all NTSC-U games as a multi-game disc and I tried many things to get it to work.
Before today I had USB Config working, with 249 working and everything all good. I already had a GCN loader on my Wii actually (Think it's the 0.2 one). So I put the Multi-Disc in and I booted up the GCN loader and it turned black and white and it was all distorted and stuff and I was just like welp. So I tried forever to fix it and nothing worked so I went and installed NeoGamma v9 and booted that up and I got an "Error 1208 - Disc ID.". I made a new disc that wasn't a Multi-Disc and only had my backed up Sunshine game on it but still got the same error. So I went to the final step I could think of which was following this guide http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/gamecube and I got to the part "
3. Run the MIOS patcher. (It is called "Installer for WiiGator's cMIOS")."
When I run it, it just makes my TV turn black and my Wii does absolutely nothing pretty much freezes.
Can I fix any of the problems I've got!? 1208 error, black TV, fixing ANY of these would help
frown.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Odd, I never got a black screen on the installer (both versions) and I tried them at least 10 times before posting that guide...

So you got the game running in the GC launcher, but with a distorted screen? Try Forcing PAL/NTSC and see if that helps.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
boot neogamma and press play game on disc WITHOUT any disc on the drive
If it gives an error you have a D3-2 or D4 drive so no disc backups

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test
1. Read the mini FAQ
2. Install the recommend cMIOS
3. Use the latest beta

If the old 0.2 GC launcher did boot the game, but in black and white, and NeoGamma showed a disc read error, i guess it's one of the following:
- you didn't try the same disc
- you are using a bad, not GC compatible cIOS
- you have a bad burn, and you got lucky once with the old loader

(if you got the game selection screen with the old loader, it does not count as booting a game...)

Porobu said:
boot neogamma and press play game on disc WITHOUT any disc on the drive
If it gives an error you have a D3-2 or D4 drive so no disc backups

Sorry, that's not correct. If you do that and it only displays an error and nothing else, then it will play backups. If it identifies the drive as too new, it will say so.

carasson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The weird thing is I never got a game selection screen. It just booted Animal Crossing which was the first game on the disc.
Is there any way to format my entire Wii and just start over?
Well I'd like to keep some save files if I could.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: