Gaming Tried demo of MH4U then got a copy. Now I'm totally overwhelmed

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, it's been 18 years since my first and last Gameboy to play Pokemon Blue. Needless to say, a crap ton has changed since 1998.

Heard about Monster hunter off and on at the game and comic conventions with cosplay and such. Met a guy who did a Knight outfit cooking meat with cooking music, was cool and funny as hell and got intrigued by game.

Demo was very cool display of my new 3ds XLs 3d effect and game seemed interesting and I heard that new people should start with 4 ultimate and not generations due to learning curve. Any truth to that?

Anyway, I just made a character and did one mission and hooooly crap, I am feeling overwhelmed with what to do next and learn. The menu systems are more complex them Witcher 1. I have no idea what class to play or what or how I should go about doing what next? Help??

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to properly learn anything either from it and I began playing in MH3U lol. I just play when I'm angry and want to smash shit with dual swords.

I'm also a sucker for grinding and collecting customizable things. Just go to the guild plaza and take on low star missions and weapon tutorials, it should help you become more comfortable :)

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's pretty easy when you start in 4U: simply follow the story in the village (Caravan Quest) at least up to 6*. The text box will teach you about most basic things you have to know to build upon your own experience. The 1-3* quests in the Guild Hall are around the same difficulty as the village beginners quests (who act as a tutorial), but preys have more health (in order to incite cooperation between players). Better try a monster in the Hall only after meeting it (defating it) first in the Village in order to understand what(s going on unlesss you want to just smash buttons randmoly and be the audience of a slaughter fest by your companions.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I love MH3U on the Wii U, but I couldn't get into the demos on the 3DS because at the time, I only had the o3DS, and I really need that second analog stick/nub/etc to play them as I use the camera A LOT. Wasn't going to buy a CPP just for that game, plus it actually drains the battery a little while reserving some CPU time. Now that I'll have an n3DS XL, I'm gonna try the demo again.

Wish they continued the series on the Wii U, but I'm sure the Switch will continue with them.

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So yeah, it's been 18 years since my first and last Gameboy to play Pokemon Blue. Needless to say, a crap ton has changed since 1998.

Heard about Monster hunter off and on at the game and comic conventions with cosplay and such. Met a guy who did a Knight outfit cooking meat with cooking music, was cool and funny as hell and got intrigued by game.

Demo was very cool display of my new 3ds XLs 3d effect and game seemed interesting and I heard that new people should start with 4 ultimate and not generations due to learning curve. Any truth to that?

Anyway, I just made a character and did one mission and hooooly crap, I am feeling overwhelmed with what to do next and learn. The menu systems are more complex them Witcher 1. I have no idea what class to play or what or how I should go about doing what next? Help??

Actually, Generations is very very easy compared with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. It's just matter to get used, Monster Hunter does not have classes, all your abilities depend on the armors and the weapons you can craft. Move sets depends on the weapon type itself and not your character at all (thats why it is NOT a RPG).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I love MH3U on the Wii U, but I couldn't get into the demos on the 3DS because at the time, I only had the o3DS, and I really need that second analog stick/nub/etc to play them as I use the camera A LOT. Wasn't going to buy a CPP just for that game, plus it actually drains the battery a little while reserving some CPU time. Now that I'll have an n3DS XL, I'm gonna try the demo again.

Wish they continued the series on the Wii U, but I'm sure the Switch will continue with them.

I really doubt it, Monster Hunter already failed in home consoles, thats why it's probable you will see it always as an handheld exclusive.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt it, Monster Hunter already failed in home consoles, thats why it's probable you will see it always as an handheld exclusive.
But for as much as the Switch is mentioned as a home console, it's still portable, which is important to Japan where Monster Hunter thrives. Besides, there's talk about having Monster Hunter on home consoles again (where some suggest PS4), and since Switch embodies both home console and portable console, it just seems logical.

Last edited by DiscostewSM,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Something similar happened to me. Two of my friends love MH. They both have hundreds and hundreds of hours on MH4U and idk how much in Generations.

I figured it must be good so I went ahead and bought MH4U. 5 hours into the game and I knew it wasn't for me. I love Dark Souls and Bloodborne and I thought this might be sort of similar, but nope, I couldn't play it.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

H0thTr0n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I picked up a copy for $15 so if it ends up being a dud for me, I am not out much and I will move onto Fire Emblem as i'm new to that as well.

I'll play the demo some more so I can try out all the weapons with nice equipment so I don't waste my time on something on full game that I end up hating.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I picked up a copy for $15 so if it ends up being a dud for me, I am not out much and I will move onto Fire Emblem as i'm new to that as well.

I'll play the demo some more so I can try out all the weapons with nice equipment so I don't waste my time on something on full game that I end up hating.
tHE ADVANTAGE OF TESTING THE WEAPONS IN THE ACTUAL GAME IS THAT A CHARACTER IS GIVING YOU THE BASIC MOVES ; yOU ALSO HAVE A LITTLE NOTEBOOK WITH MORE COMMANDS IN IT;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?