Trials of Mana and SNES Classic/Mini

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to get this game to work? I'm getting a black screen. I thought it might be due to fixing its checksum, but other games where I've done that work without a problem.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nm. I got it to work. fixed checksum or not -- it doesn't matter. the problem is that it's just incompatible with the normal emulator, so I injected retroarch for the game. no issues then.

Reactions: Vorde

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far, it's the only game I've seen not work, but I do have snes9x core injected into my system, so if I encounter another game like that, I'll know what to do. I read that it's due to the rom being an "expanded" rom, possibly due to it being a translation. they didn't fix the checksum either, which doesn't really seem to matter.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so far, it's the only game I've seen not work, but I do have snes9x core injected into my system, so if I encounter another game like that, I'll know what to do. I read that it's due to the rom being an "expanded" rom, possibly due to it being a translation. they didn't fix the checksum either, which doesn't really seem to matter.

Yeah, there was an interview with Square Enix saying it was difficult to fix all the text, so they had to expand the ROM size to fit it. Canoe also doesn't run SPC700 sensitive games well either, games that require precise timing from the S-SMP (audio chip) and just has lots of missing audio channels.

Reactions: godreborn

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's unfortunate that they weren't willing to make the SNES Mini updateable or give it anymore support past the retail release. It would have been nice to see M2 refine the emulator more, as it already has very low input lag for emulation and works very well for what it does.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it prudent to make all games work with snes9x 2010? I was thinking about just leaving it as is with the base emulator 'til I find another game that doesn't work. does snes9x 2010 have any compatibility problems?

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it prudent to make all games work with snes9x 2010? I was thinking about just leaving it as is with the base emulator 'til I find another game that doesn't work. does snes9x 2010 have any compatibility problems?
I would use anything that's compatible with Canoe using Canoe as it has the least amount of input lag (which is a big deal for me).
Check the Canoe compatibility list and go through each ROM

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, that's what I'll do. I have a huge assortment of roms (only snes for snes classic). so far, everything has worked with the default emulator.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, that's what I'll do. I have a huge assortment of roms (only snes for snes classic). so far, everything has worked with the default emulator.
Only SNES? I have GBA, NES, and Arcade games running on mine, some work, some don't. Didn't end up caring enough to put the time into fine tuning everything, but it works for Super Street Fighter II Turbo and all the SNES games I have on there, so that's the main thing :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I only want snes on the snes classic and nes on the nes classic. it took several weeks to get everything named correctly, find artwork, etc.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Snes9x 2010 uses a more accurate audio core, games like Earthworm Jim 2 and Secret of Evermore have numerous audio issues with Canoe.

galder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Use retroarch i have almost finished the game working very fine, same issue with track in sone dungeon but the best use retroarch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...