Trials HD - Anyone want to have some friendly competition?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by xboxinoz, Jan 5, 2010.

1. xboxinoz
    OP

Newcomer xboxinoz Advanced Member

Australia
    Hi all,

I purchased Trials HD off Xbox Live yesterday which is a cool game but, as I only have a few Xbox Live friends and none of them have this game I'm wondering if anybody else on here as recently purchased it and wants to add as friends so we can have some friendly rivalry on beating times rather than me just viewing where I am on the 600,000+ scoreboard? I'm only looking to play with average players... if you are a Trials HD god please don't apply! [​IMG]

Belated Happy New Year all.

2. Blake1710

Member Blake1710 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    first person i've seen from canberra on here... i live pretty much in canberra.

i don't have trials yet, but i was thinking about buying. would you say it's worth the 1200 points?

3. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    This is my favorite XBLA game ever, and my personal GoTY. Definitely worth $15 considering that I play it way more than most of my $60 games.

I think I'm around 12,000 on the leaderboards, which is nothing considering that I have two IRL friends who are in the top 300 (one is like 36). I'm not a god, considering that I don't even have gold on a lot of hard tracks, but I'm always looking for new friends to share user tracks with (which I happen to have a few of)

Add DwightDL

4. xboxinoz
    OP

Newcomer xboxinoz Advanced Member

Australia
    Added you Dwight... my Xbox360 username is Wuggle1 if you wish to add too.

Blake, I've only had the game about 24 hours but I can see myself playing it a lot - probably going to be a combination of frustration and fun though so I suspect I will get cranky with it occasionally! I used to play elastomania many years ago and it reminds me greatly of that.

It's actually the first time I've paid 1200 points for a game. I feel much happier paying 400 or 800! That said, I think this particular game is worth the money and may also spend another 1200 points shortly on Shadow Complex as that also looks very tempting.

5. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    Also, I suggest that when you get the the medium level tracks, try to get platinum on at least one. While working on this, study techniques used by top players on the leaderboards (you can view their runs by pressing Y if they are in the top 5000), and learn what it takes to get great times. Don't get overwhelmed by the hard tracks like technique or even the expert tracks. I used to be hopeless at them, assuming that I just lacked some god given skill, but after tons of practice, you'll get them down (I am proud to be able to do Inferno 2 with under 20 faults lol)