Travis Touchdown possibly making it to the next Smash Bros.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    http://nintendodpad.com/Welcome/News/Entri...Bros._game.html

Suda 51 wants Travis Touchdown in next Smash Bros. game

Suda 51 is never at a loss for words when talking about No More Heroes, so when asked if Travis Touchdown was his favorite creation, Suda responded with a wish.

“I love him (Travis), and I want him to be a huge star. That’s why I’m working very hard to make this game as interesting as possible. Maybe in the future, we can see him fighting alongside Link in the next Smash Bros. [laughs] That would be great.”

Travis Touchdown in the next Smash Bros? Yes please! If Sonic and Snake can make it in, why not Travis? Just imagine delivering the attack shown below on Mario. Priceless.

2. Big Kong Boss

Member Big Kong Boss GBAtemp Fan

Korea, South
    It's interesting enough that Suda 51 was credited in Brawl.

Hmmmm.... [​IMG]

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I read that article. It was a quick snippet. If any designer said "It would be cool to be in Super Smash Bros." and people thought "OMG HE'S IN THE NEXT SSB!" then they'd have lots of closed threads here. Don't think he'll be making it into the next Smash Bros. especially after the abandoment of NMH and the Wii (well, after Desperate Struggle). I'd sooner expect tons of other third party, "friendlier" characters first (Henry Hatsworth, Mega Man, Knuckles).

4. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure how you managed to connect those dots, man. I read that news snippet as well, and it was merely wishful thinking in public on Suda's part. There was no report, as far as I know, that alluded to the notion that he was in talks with Nintendo about having Travis as a playable character in the next Smash Bros. Furthermore, there's been no mention of a next Smash Bros. game, and it shouldn't be assumed there will be one.

5. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Uhh... Didn't Sakurai say that the Super Smash Bros. series was over?

6. tojomajojo

Newcomer tojomajojo Advanced Member

United States
    I think Sakurai said that he wasn't going to produce the next one, obviously Nintendo wouldn't stop series that make money. why do you think they're are so many Mario Parties?