Travel to the past but can bring just one piece of modern tech with you

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The old question, suppose you're able to travel to any time in the past and you can bring one piece of modern tech back with you.

To which date would you travel back, and which modern piece of tech you own would you take with you?

Personally, I find this idea a bit difficult, and I don't understand aot of modern tech. But I'm curious in other's preferences.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
travel to
:creep: a typewriter, go back to before religious texts were made and create the first religion based on absolute memes and nonsense

come on man. you promised you was not going to do this.. you played with the time space continuum now we have this thing called religion.

i should have never let you in my time travel machine.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1888, The year before Hitler was born, I'd take a gun and shoot both his parents. WW2 would have been prevented and millions of people would not have needlessly died. You're welcome!
Was he such a great man that it would not have happened?
World war 1 would still happen (see if nothing else concert of Europe) and that pretty much ensured world war 2 would happen (all the various paramilitary groups that contributed variously to the rise would still be in place), and that also risks someone militarily, financially and politically better would appear. It also pretty much killed Europe (certainly did its remaining empires) which meant the rise of the US was that much faster (probably would have happened before too long) if the US world order is that much more fun.
I should also note guns existed back then and were more than suitable for killing a few civilians.

Anyway as in previous topics
timemachineposter.jpeg

As ever I can recreate that from memory, and that means I can probably sort electricity depending upon how far back (I could probably recreate modern steel and at least basic plastics) which means I either want something reliably precise that I can accelerate that with, or a computer to do it.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Was he such a great man that it would not have happened?
World war 1 would still happen (see if nothing else concert of Europe) and that pretty much ensured world war 2 would happen (all the various paramilitary groups that contributed variously to the rise would still be in place), and that also risks someone militarily, financially and politically better would appear. It also pretty much killed Europe (certainly did its remaining empires) which meant the rise of the US was that much faster (probably would have happened before too long) if the US world order is that much more fun.
I should also note guns existed back then and were more than suitable for killing a few civilians.

Anyway as in previous topics
View attachment 352378
As ever I can recreate that from memory, and that means I can probably sort electricity depending upon how far back (I could probably recreate modern steel and at least basic plastics) which means I either want something reliably precise that I can accelerate that with, or a computer to do it.
luh%C3%A3-small.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing. Just take me to the 1800's or 1900's and I'd rather live in that timeline than now.

Sadly, that's not an option and we're stuck as it is.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The old question, suppose you're able to travel to any time in the past and you can bring one piece of modern tech back with you.
Well there's a paradox right there! How can I bring modern tech back from the past??

I jest ofcourse! Honestly, prob just my phone for the camera and tunes to amaze and... Ahem... Inspire.... My younger self :evil:

That an the ol' Greys Sports almanac ;)

Reactions: BigOnYa

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Anything you bring back will just break or die and you’d be labelled a witch and burnt alive…..so you’d have to kill all the ducks first.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1888, The year before Hitler was born, I'd take a gun and shoot both his parents. WW2 would have been prevented and millions of people would not have needlessly died. You're welcome!
Nah, you'd just butterfly a lot of stuff, and worse, you probably put someone competent in charge of what would become the Nazis. Someone who isn't foolish enough to start a two front war.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.