Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 Impressions

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kayos90, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008
  1. kayos90
    OP

Newcomer kayos90 Member

United States
    This is my impression of the game, I have not beaten the game, I'm simply giving my opinions on the game so far.
    Trauma Center UtK2 is definitely superior to its prequel. The art style for one is much better and sleeker than before. It takes the more glamorous anime style that Second Opinion and New Blood used on the Wii. There are still dialogs in the game to tell the story with character faces to show who is talking. However, it doesn't have two faces at the same time so it disappoints me in that matter. What matters most is the gameplay though, right? The gameplay hasn't changed from the previous trauma centers but it does use some new equipments that people thought would never imagine on the DS. The defibulator has made its way on the DS. It works actually very well. You slide the machine onto the patient and touch the defibulator. A meter will then show up and like the Wii one it will zoom itself to the other side of the meter. You let go of the stylus in order for the defibulator to do its thing. So instead of click the trigger buttons on the wii you just let go of the touch screen when it reaches a certain point. The operation interface seems much smoother and much more clean. The graphical technicalities have been cleaned up for the most part. This game is definitely smoother, cleaner, and flashier than the first DS game and is definitely worth checking out. I'll be writing a review for this game in a week or so, look forward to it.

2. Virusak

Member Virusak GBAtemp Regular

Czech Republic
    isn't it called a defibrillator?

3. ninja_07

Newcomer ninja_07 Advanced Member

Armenia
    You're right on the money, i do like the way theres less "DOCTOR SHES DYING" or crazy manmade diseases. I also love the reassembling bone minigame, and yes it is calld a defibrillator [​IMG]

4. saintvikki

Newcomer saintvikki Member

United Kingdom
    It doesn't work on my R4 card. Anyone know how I can get it to work? Thanks.

I have already tried updating my cards firmwear,and restarting my DS,but both of these didn't work. [​IMG]

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The R4 team is just being really lazy. Either they'll release an update within a month or two, or nothing at all.

I bet on the nothing at all. I'd say, get yourself a new cart. The R4 is dying anyway.

6. saintvikki

Newcomer saintvikki Member

United Kingdom

Thank you for the reply. Can you recommend a good card for the DS? Thanks. [​IMG]

7. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    acekard 2

8. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    The game showed a save-related error on my R4 1.17, thankfully updating to 1.18 solved my problems.

The game is awesome! The interface is really polished and playing with two stylus makes it a cinch to perform operations, the story seems more polished and I like the Derek Stiles and Angie characters a lot more in this game, what the hell is up with that doctor Tulba or whatever? She speaks like a man and is a very shallow and distant character so far.

9. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    tulba is a guy ==" i thought he was female too, voice actors did bad on his bit though he sounds more british than african.

10. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I WOULD recommend the Acekard 2, but don't get it. Right now, the Acekard 2 has a massive failure rate, and it's chance of getting a FAT error, or "011010" error is very common lately.

I'd advise you get get the DSTT, and download the YSmenu onto it, which makes it look like a R4, while having all the benefits of the DSTT. It's only 20 dollars on DealExtreme.

However, if you want to spend big to get the best, then get the CycloDS. It has features like the Realtime save, Slow-mo, really easy to use, and the team actually takes suggestions for what should be on their next firmware, etc. But like I said, they come in a premium price.

There are other carts you should look at, such as the EDGE, or the SCDS1 SDHC.

11. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Anybody can confirm whether are there GUILTs or something like that in TC2? [​IMG] I hate those viruses

12. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Yea, the guilt is back. I'm on the 9th or the 10th case, but a new guilt appeared.

I won't say any more, because it'll spoil.

13. Foxle

Member Foxle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I thought he was female too at first. But just an FYI, most English speaking Africans have a British accent due to all of the colonization there.

And Raestloz, there is GUILT in this one, but not as much. They did introduce Post-GUILT Syndrome in the beginning, which is pretty much just some bad ass tumors. However, overall there are much more of the car accident, shot, transplant needing, and other more "normal" patients in this game.

14. Raestloz

Indonesia
    That's freakin' good news! I thought we'll operate GUILTs all the time like the 1st
    sigh, I just want normal operations. Car accidents, heart failures, tumors, etc. I'm a normal surgeon, not a scientist that cut bodies to find some viruses [​IMG]

15. Truliche

Member Truliche GBAtemp Regular

Ecuador
    Tulba is a guy!? [​IMG]

Man they really messed up the design, the curly long hair, the tragic mascara look on his face, the facial features, for god's sake he has a band on his head and a female polo (and a necklace too maybe?)

I'm really not liking this character [​IMG] not only for the messed up design but because he is a rather bland and annoying character.

16. Raestloz

Indonesia
    Who is Tulba? Anybody can post his/her pic? [​IMG]

17. BiscuitCookie

Member BiscuitCookie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    you should have know if you played the game ...

18. solange82200

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Get a Cyclo DS, I have had it for 8 months and never had problems with any games. (Except for hulk, which almost every flashcard had, and it was fixed in the cyclo forums in one day). They are ALWAYS updating their firmware, offering support, everything you could want in a flashcart. I would never get any other

19. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I have to agree, solange. CycloDS is the way to go. You get what you pay for. As for Tulba, I've only played the first two missions and he's pissing me off. Although the counselor chick is HAWT. You were all thinking it.

20. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No need, works fine on the R4 anyway (latest firmware)