Trauma Center 2 on an Acekard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by sfunk, Jul 14, 2008.

Jul 14, 2008

Trauma Center 2 on an Acekard 2 by sfunk at 3:09 PM (1,915 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. sfunk
    OP

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The game has played perfectly fine up to this point; however, after I beat 7-4 Dream's End, I get two white screens instead of my results being displayed. I've formatted my card to make sure that wasn't the problem but it still didn't help. Does anybody else have this issue (or not have this problem) and do you know of any fixes or workarounds for it? Thanks for your help with this. I'm using Bliss' custom firmware (his latest one I believe). I'll try with the AIO and see what happens.

Edit: No luck with the AIO either.

Edit2: Well I got it to work, I just had to disable all of the patches like cheats and soft-reset. Sorry for the waste of your time [​IMG].

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

That happened to me too.

But if turning off patches makes it work, then I'll just have to do that!

3. sfunk
    OP

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well I'm glad this topic helped somebody else. There are few things more frustrating than beating Sige four times and each time having the game freeze on you. On the positive side, I'm really good at beating Sige now [​IMG].

4. thk

Newcomer thk Member

Canada
    Upping this thread...

I tested Trauma Center 2 with latest AKAIO 1.2, with both AKAIO loader and Acekard 4.08 loaders. While 7-4 can be finished by turning off Soft reset, the mission X-6 (involving Sige again, same mission type as 7-4) will always result in two white screens and a freeze, whether or not Soft reset is activated.

5. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Are you using an untrimmed rom?

6. thk

Newcomer thk Member

Canada
    Yes.

7. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Post a save file if you want it confirmed, otherwise we'll probably have to take your word for it. Personally, I hate those games.

8. thk

Newcomer thk Member

Canada
    My mistake. I had the cheats enabled for 7-4 without the soft-reset, and the game crashed as well. I'll provide that to Normatt and Smiths so they can look at the memory addresses used. Funny though, 7-4 and X-6 are the only missions causing the freeze.