ROM Hack [TRANSLATION] [RELEASE] EX Troopers - English (3DS)

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey @rd2k3 Could you posably had you translations to the ps3 group translation. Would love to see this on the big screen. Great work

I do not know the group responsible for the translation of ps3. I just posted a youtube video a few posts above. I don't know how to talk to them.

However, in the first post of this topic, I wrote that for anyone who wants to call me PM, I will provide all the tools, projects, source codes that I used or developed for this translation.

So, I’m available if they call me

Reactions: Retro_Mod_Gamer

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's terrible translation with numerous mistakes. I physicaly feel the pain in my eyes when read this subs. But good for me, I have a copy of this game for PS3. Its better play in Japanese, rather than "goole-translate english".

Everyone read what I wrote and was aware of the mistakes from the start, except you. At least, I did something after so many years. I don't care if someone didn't like it, when I helped so many who wanted to play and couldn't because of the Japanese language.

in addition, this translation will make others possible, since I am 99% sure that I am the first to discover how to work correctly with moflex videos and help others 8 guys

I was wondering if you could provide me with the tools for the project, there were a few edits I wanted to do.

I will send you a message inbox

Last edited by rd2k3,

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone read what I wrote and was aware of the mistakes from the start, except you. At least, I did something after so many years. I don't care if someone didn't like it, when I helped so many who wanted to play and couldn't because of the Japanese language.

You did a great job, I appreciate you stepping up and translating the most requested JPN game after 7 years of people begging for it. I wish more people would step up and translate games like you did.

riesyukira

Trophies
XP
Country

in addition, this translation will make others possible, since I am 99% sure that I am the first to discover how to work correctly with moflex videos and help others 8 guys

I will send you a message inbox

It would've been easier to get help proofreading for the translation since most of the members here can easily understand/comprehend basic English and has decent ability to correct grammar and such.

While I and the rest of the community acknowledge and appreciate all of your hard work and how hard it was for you to do all of it all on your own, you should've reconsidered the possibility of getting at least 1 or 2 persons to help you with the translation work since you got the technical stuff covered and all.

Reactions: rd2k3

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, it's great to see someone at least attempt it. I know this particular game had very specific challenges due to the way the text seems to be part of the graphics. Look forward to your progress.
Wait, what? That's... a really horrible way to implement text in a game. It's even more convoluted than Earthbound's text, which was an ENTIRE FREAKING SCRIPTING LANGUAGE THING!

Guren302

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
At least, I did something after so many years.
For example, you translate "よろしくね" (yoroshiku ne) as "regards" as google says. IDK why you cant double-check meaning of all text not only in Google Translate. Of course you do a good job with moflex videos, but in the other hand we have really horrible translation.
Also, that BIG YELLOW LETTERS looks gross.
Why other translators making a beta-tests for his projects, and you just release raw unedited version of this project?

Last edited by Guren302,

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example, you translate "よろしくね" (yoroshiku ne) as "regards" as google says. IDK why you cant double-check meaning of all text not only in Google Translate. Of course you do a good job with moflex videos, but in the other hand we have really horrible translation.
Also, that BIG YELLOW LETTERS loks gross.
Why other translators making a beta-tests for his projects, and you just release raw unedited version of this project?
You're free to clean up the translation you know... besides he made it very clear from the beginning that he was using Google translate no need to berate the guy over something that was public knowledge because it's not up to "your" standards

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's terrible translation with numerous mistakes. I physicaly feel the pain in my eyes when read this subs. But good for me, I have a copy of this game for PS3. Its better play in Japanese, rather than "google-translate english".
Ya? it's better for me in google-translate english, than japanese, but that's just me. Not as pretentious, prolly.

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope to clarify all doubts with these answers

- I am Brazilian, I have no knowledge of Japanese and I have very little knowledge of English

- if translated into Portuguese, it would be much better, but I preferred to benefit the whole world, instead of only Brazil

- this was a very ambitious project, because besides languages, I don't know how to edit videos or photos (I learned a little because I needed to)

- as it was my first project in romhacking (ZERO knowledge), I was always discovering new things to do (from the beginning to the end of the project), so that it was very difficult to delegate tasks. Imagine I give someone a task, and then say that this is not what I wanted, that I got confused, make the person lose a lot of work

- most people just wanted a translation of the menus. I did a LOT more than that. If it weren't for me, this translation would NEVER be released

- I believe that the grammar in the videos has gotten better. This is due to a simple fact, since I watched video by video and translated it in real time, analyzing the context of each one (as for the grotesque yellow letters, which were the best and most readable I found)

- I already had other personal projects planned for 2020, and I would have to finish everything by 2019. Even if there were other people helping, there would be no time (there are 30,000 lines of text and 3000 of videos). In addition, to those who want to improve ex troopers or do other projects, I opened doors. Since the launch of the translation, I have made my translation tools and projects available, as well as tutorials created by me. Not everything is on the internet, it was very difficult to acquire this knowledge (like MOFLEX videos, the greatest proof of this)

- about having released without the correction, I was only referring to the centralization of texts and to play the whole game, to see if there would be no other BUG to stop the game (I was unable to play it in 2019 ...)

- I don't like to play for playing. I like to understand the story, and my translation gave me a complete understanding of it. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE IMAGES AND VIDEOS ONLY

- and finally, different from what everyone thinks, translating this game is not just ctrl + C and ctrl + V. If you do this, it will give error, crash. Apart from the issue of titles, names that appeared in only 1 letter were corrected, and several other problems solved throughout the project. People think it's just a text file, look and translate, look and translate. It would be too easy ...

LAST, BUT NOT LESS IMPORTANT, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, TRANSLATE YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you very much for the affection, support and good messages from the 99% who followed me here

Last edited by rd2k3,

HaseoArmahem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Thank you for your work and help to understand what is what in game. Enjoing with my not good english, but it something(better than japan). You give me tones of fun) Good job, please ,don't stop on what you have)

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, always wanted to check this game out.
Guess this translation went under my radar.
Congrats to the team who worked on and released this translation.
Also, does this game need any updates or DLC files to run ?
Thank you for your appreciation. No update is required and as far as I know, this game has no DLC

Reactions: breaktemp

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thanks, I'm having a blast with the game. Here's hoping someone continues your work and proof reads everything to improve the translation.

wahakar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm most fascinated by what you did with the e-manual, most English patched games don't have it, either the translators forget it or ignore it as it's a hassle. currently I'm trying to find a way to translate manuals of already translated Japanese games. here is what I managed to find so far; I could extract the manual and apply it to the cia with no issue , I could view it on my computer and I could extract its files but I don't know how to edit them or build a unique one on my one (well the program I'm using can export/create a blank one but that's it) Could you tell us more about how you managed to do so?

rd2k3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I sent you a PM. If anyone else wants to know about e-manual, moflex or others, ask me by PM

Each of you who appreciate my work makes me very, very happy. It is worth every second invested in this project

Last edited by rd2k3,

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am about 18 hours into this game, I wish more games would have goofy google translations, I'd rather play a game this way than it's intended text. Can you tell me if I messed up the mission finding Bratt's cheerleaders, I talked to the 2 in the lobby, but no third, then when I entered a different base, and did the shotgun stealth mission with Yamato, then returned to technical base, the 2 girls are gone. There are no gamefaq guides, thanks for the hilarious translation (but also the work on the manual and menus etc, not to be discounted)

Last edited by yuyuyup,
Reactions: emcintosh and rd2k3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol no Gigabytes per song