Note: Currently looking for a translator, read further down to learn more. Ok, this is the official topic for the translation of Hudsonsoft's DS game, "Puzzle Series Vol.5 - Slitherlink" (rom #0678) from Japanese into English. The game Slitherlink is a logic puzzle game in the same vein as sudoku (or suckodu as some people call it) except it's much better. An online version along with rules can be found at http://www.puzzle-loop.com/ This particular DS iteration scored 10/10 in a recent Eurogamer review (found here) - those guys tend to be pretty damn harsh on a lot of games as well. Details All text in the rom is stored in graphics, namely GBA/NDS tile format. This makes retrieving and reinserting the text a pain, as it relies on getting all the text through screenshots and tile graphics, then editing all the graphics by hand (and just a small tad of Photoshop) once stuff has been translated. Luckily this game works just fine in the most popular NDS emulators, so that eases things a tad. What I need So I've appointed myself as the editor, but having next to no Japanese knowledge I am in need of a relatively fluent translator. If that sounds like you, get in touch with me. I have already posted a "Help wanted" ad at romhacking.net There is not loads of text - just menus, the interface, and some help/tutorial parts (help/tutorials make up the majority). Also, I've set up a wiki page at http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Userir...ink_Translation. The purpose of the page at the moment is just to get a few of the main, simple things translated (like menus) so I can start working on editing ASAP. If there are people who can translate decently (no unsure people please ), but can't commit to an entire project, feel free to add your translations to the corresponding screenshots. If there are people who can identify Japanese characters (yes there is some Kanji) but lack translation skills, you are most welcome to add what you can also - it's much more useful having stuff in text format rather than image format. Progress All the graphics in the rom that contain text that needs translating have been identified, and also ingame screenshots have been taken for almost all the text (screenshots are easier then exporting images that look correct from a tile editor - trust me). As far as actual translation goes... Images of the initial test I did: --> Worked fine and was very legible when I loaded it onto my DS as well You may notice that I added my own little image in there - that's because of lack of space. In Japanese you can express things in a much smaller amount of room than with English - this is quite frankly the one major annoyance with this project, and because of the way the tiles are arranged (and "compressed") in the rom, this makes it doubly annoying (and could only be changed by hacking the assembly code for assembling the tiles onscreen - something which I have no idea about).