[Translation] Puyo Puyo! 20th Anniversary

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by HernanZh, Oct 17, 2011.

Oct 17, 2011
  1. HernanZh
    OP

Member HernanZh GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Hi everyone. I'm looking for people who want to help translate the game Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, which was released a couple of months ago.
    This is from the same team that brought you translation patches for:In case you don't know what Puyo Puyo is, go here. In short, Puyo Puyo is a super popular puzzle game, but a Japan-only game unfortunately. You could call it the Tetris of multiplayer puzzle games.
    Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary is the latest Puyo Puyo game featuring improved visuals, unlockables, a lot of new gameplay modes and a lot more storylines (1 for each character). If you're a fan of puzzle games, this game is a must play.

We've started on the translation project a while ago, but the progress isn't very far. Here is a translated title screen to get you started!
    [​IMG]

I'm mainly looking for people who can join our team to translate from Japanese to English.
    If you're interested in helping in any way, just post here or drop me a pm.
    If not, I hope you'll look forward to the patch!

1 person likes this.
  2. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    =O
    I love the Puyo Puyo games, I got all my class addicted to it (the 15th anniversary version) since the multiplayer was just so much fun. xP
    Are the characters the same from the 15th anniversary and does it still have that story like mode and the sonic characters?

I can't really help with the project since I can't read japanese nor do I know rom hacking (well, at least I'm honest about it)

3. HernanZh
    OP

Netherlands
    No not all, there are more characters from the classic series and from Puyo Puyo 7. The story mode is the same and the sonic puyos are there.

4. Kuragari Ryo

Member Kuragari Ryo Demon Fox

The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
    United States
    I'm pretty stoked that you guys are translating this~ :3

5. Schezo

Newcomer Schezo Newbie

Argentina

I'm very grateful for all your team's efforts doing english translations of these games possible.. I follow puyo puyo since i was 5 years old! :D I'm trying to play the 20th version of it but i can't.. however i'm waiting your excellent work is done again!
    oh.. and i have a question about PuyoNexus but i don't know if asking here in this topic is against the rules..so can i write you a private message or something? thank you again! ^^

6. yepfind

Newcomer yepfind Newbie

France
    Hi everyone, I search where can we help you for translate ?

7. HernanZh
    OP

Netherlands
    At www.puyonexus.net

8. guysensei

Newcomer guysensei Member

Japan
    Not sure if I would have the patience to translate that crazy story, but I can definitely help with the menus and what not.

9. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States

It's always good to help.
    What part of Japan are you in?

10. HernanZh
    OP

Netherlands
    Phew, been a while since I worked on this (been pretty busy). Unfortunately, our regular translator has gone MIA and progress slowed down to a crawl. If there's any JPN -> EN translators interested, send me a PM!

Oh yeah, and here are a couple of screenshots. (We already translated the text in these pics, but they're not converted yet)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer Senbei Norimaki Advanced Member

I love Puyo Puyo. Hopefully your English patch cones out soon. It is a shame so much shovelware gets released in the US but Puyo Puyo can't get released here by Sega.