ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

ScottNorton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A note to all translators: Make sure you pay attention to where the memory pointers and hex objects are located in the text. That's what happened with the "Give a nickname to the Patratcaught?"

The object \xfffe means "NEW LINE".

As for the Badge description bug, that was caused by copypasta. If my translation is correct, Cheren is a seeker of truth. I expect the same problem covers Drayden's Gym having Brycen's text and Shizui's Gym having Drayden's text.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A note to all translators: Make sure you pay attention to where the memory pointers and hex objects are located in the text. That's what happened with the "Give a nickname to the Patratcaught?"

The object \xfffe means "NEW LINE".

Also object \xf000븁\x0000\xfffe means NEW LINE AND PRESS BUTTON TO SCROLL to next line. (such as for > 2 lines of text this is required)

So for example :

Hi.\xfffeThis is a dummy message.\xf000븁\x0000\xfffeI need to do translations.\xf000븁\x0000\xfffe

would yield :

Hi.
This is a dummy message.
(player presses button A)
I need to do translations.
(players press button A and text box closes)

Putting \xf000븁\x0000\xfffe at the end of the text isn't "necessary" but if you don't the text will automatically time out (close text box) pretty quickly.

tds27

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When you update your patch, can you still use the same safe-file ? (If it has the same name as your gamefile ofcourse)

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wish people wouldn't post spoilers, as the game hasn't even been out long. -_-

I'm stuck at the start of the game with no idea what's going on and I don't actually know any Japanese to figure out what to do.

Anyway, once part of the actual dialogue has been translated... the better, it will be for everyone.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got another bug to add and image of it

also is this any easier on the eyes wanted to make it easier to read the bugs list

Known Bugs:

Red = Unconfirmed by Multiple sources
Blue = Confirmed by Multiple (2 or more) sources
Green = Fixed

Item Name and amount not showing in battle -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

Gym Leader description Being those of B&W -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

Battle Scene and Battle Style Description Switched -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

When you access the GTS you can choose the options but they are all messed up -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

When capturing a Pokemon. The text is a bit messed up such as Pikachucaught - Version 1.4

After a Pokémon's capture, the Nickname text says: "Give a nickname to the [POKEMON NAME]caught ?" It should say: "Give a nickname to the caught [POKEMON NAME] ?" -Version 1.2 , 1.3 , 1.4

Minor typo on the ability Damp, it says Dampa -Version 1.4

Possible Gym Leader Name mix up when you battle them Example: Burgh having the name arty under his sprite -Version 1.4

When Selling an item, inplace of the currency symbol you get a '?' for example, it says something along the lines of "Sell the poke ball for ?100?" -Version 1.4

Minor Error at the beginning when Bianca shows you how to catch pokemon it says "bianca a pokeball!" -Version 1.4

When visiting a move tutor (unconfirmed if red shard specific or not ) if you try to tutor a move you do not have enough shards for, it displays the text "Red Shardyou do not have enough!" -Version 1.4

Extra Info
Image of Caught Pokemon bug thanks to lorddemolatron from Pokestation
Image of Gym Badge description bug thanks to Tsaky From Pokestation
Move Tutor not enough shard to teach a move broken sentence thanks to RupeeClock

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well first of all, pokestation is using tools from project pokemon to do the translation, which is kind of funny. second, no, no part of the pp translation has been ripped from pokestation. that's a blatant lie. third, the project pokemon translation simply has better translators. one of the people working on the pp translation has lived in japan for some time and is nearly fluent. and yes i saw what kyohack said, and no glitch doesn't count. and soneek worked on the black and white translation 2 years ago.

and no, there's nothing to resolve. the only group trying to start some kind of fight seems to be pokestation.

Reactions: 1 person

garchomp4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well first of all, pokestation is using tools from project pokemon to do the translation, which is kind of funny. second, no, no part of the pp translation has been ripped from pokestation. that's a blatant lie. third, the project pokemon translation simply has better translators. one of the people working on the pp translation has lived in japan for some time and is nearly fluent. and yes i saw what kyohack said, and no glitch doesn't count. and soneek worked on the black and white translation 2 years ago.

and no, there's nothing to resolve. the only group trying to start some kind of fight seems to be pokestation.
I still don't see why the 2 teams can't work together, and especially to make sure there are no bugs and translations are accurate. It's like the both have half of an object and go try and find the rest themselves instead of asking the other.

Nero2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I still don't see why the 2 teams can't work together, and especially to make sure there are no bugs and translations are accurate. It's like the both have half of an object and go try and find the rest themselves instead of asking the other.

There is no need. When you have one group translating and one group copying then why merge? Makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 person

garchomp4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no need. When you have one group translating and one group copying then why merge? Makes no sense.
I doubt one team is copying the other, pokestation's translation started first and I'm pretty sure project pokemon's translation started from the ground up. What you posted seems like slander but I won't call you out on it.
I just did ;_;

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country

I doubt one team is copying the other, pokestation's translation started first and I'm pretty sure project pokemon's translation started from the ground up. What you posted seems like slander but I won't call you out on it.
I just did ;_;

Newbie talk

garchomp4ever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just did ;_;

Newbie talk
;_; may I ask why you say that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: