ROM Hack [Translation] Phoenix Wright Trilogy (eShop Rom) possible to translate?

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I want to start a project for this game, if this is possible.

What I do: I want to translate this eshop game into france and german, only thing is, is this possible at this moment? And can anyone help me with this out? I need the france and german DS Scripts first, but thats not the thing. Only must know, if injection (changing text dialouge) is possible.

If so, I would be very happy of any help with this translation project! :-)

Thank you in advance!

-Traiver

Reactions: XRaidersP
D

Deleted User

I thought it was already available in French and German? I'm just going off of the top of my head with this, but, anyways, you need to find the game's location on your SD Card, and you need to generate XOR pads. Using those XOR pads, you have to decrypt the ROM. You can find quite a few different tutorials for doing this by just doing a search.

D

Deleted User

Of course, if you can find an English dump of this rom that is already decrypted, you can skip that part.

D

Deleted User

Capcom also seems to use custom files, and I'm not 100% sure if you will be able to inject the dialogue files from the DS versions into the 3DS Trilogy, so you might just have to copy and paste text.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is extracted. But the thing is, that there is only the sound files and a pack.dat file (about 130MB) I dont know how to open this file.

D

Deleted User

This game is extracted. But the thing is, that there is only the sound files and a pack.dat file (about 130MB) I dont know how to open this file.

Hmm, I'll search around the internet to try and find out what the pack.dat file may be, and how you can open it. Also, what are those sound files? Can you open them in your media player? That most likely has nothing to do with the pack.dat file, I'm just curious.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one question: I think I dont decrypted the ExeFS.bin already, because the cmd said: That the 7xcryptoXoarpad is missing. But this game is not with 7.xKeyX. How will I solve this problem?
Nvm, solved.

D

Deleted User

I got one question: I think I dont decrypted the ExeFS.bin already, because the cmd said: That the 7xcryptoXoarpad is missing. But this game is not with 7.xKeyX. How will I solve this problem?

I don't really know about that. Maybe ask someone else? You might not actually need it though... I don't think? What are they used for, again?
*whispers* 69th message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/