AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
Oh, you thought we were going to be satisfied only doing Phantasy Star Nova? THINK AGAIN.

Current status of PSO2 VITA translation:

- Game dumped, modification possible ✔
- CPK file successfully repacked ✔
- We are in the process of perfecting tools to modify the files and produce a Proof-of-Concept (that, and downloading the 10GB update, RIP)✔
- Proof of concept complete, patch is being completed as we speak

Todo:

- Can we use the already existing english patch? Can we convert it? (This seems likely based on early results, but not proven yet) YES WE CAN!
- What do monomates taste like? Why do the ones in the anime have straws, but not in-game?

More information will be posted as it becomes available. Get hype?

Feel free to join our discord server: http://discord.gg/PSO2

Last edited by AIDA,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Oh, you thought we were going to be satisfied only doing Phantasy Star Nova? THINK AGAIN.

Mind blown once !

- Can we use the already existing english patch? Can we convert it? (This seems likely based on early results, but not proven yet)

Mind blown twice

More information will be posted as it becomes available. Get hype?

Died...

rjshooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Oh god wow, AIDA!
Making a new account here just to send the positive vibes, I am sorry for not (yet) able to contribute these works, I hope I can learn these things sooner or later.
I hope this project will be a huge success :yaypsp:

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

AIDA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
Crosspost from the Nova thread so it can be discussed here:

Proposed update/install method:

We have a homebrew tool called "PSO2V Tweaker" (name not final) that would allow you to install the game and update it through the homebrew, as well as installing the english patch. Person A installs PSO2 (through VPK/VTweaker download/PSN) and the latest HUGE decrypted update we have (VPK/VTweaker download). They install the English patch (thought the VTweaker) and can now sign on and play! Then, 2 weeks later, there's a 20MB content update. Someone who has the legit game (most likely me, which is why I need the 32GB card) downloads the update, decrypts it, removes everything but the 20 MB DECRYPTED UPDATE (files that have changed/new) and puts those files on a server. The PSO2VTweaker downloads those unencrypted files to Person A's vita, and puts them in patch or wherever and then installs the latest english patch. Then they're updated and ready to play again!

It's a lot of work underneath the hood, but it should be fairly easy for the end user, and that's the most important thing.

Opinions on this are more than welcome!

Last edited by AIDA,

rjshooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hmm, a simple (and probably a stupid question): are these only works on dumped ver of PSO2?

Also, I tought I have to say it here: Since Henkaku helps us spoofed the FW version, we can access PSN, online games as much as we want. B-U-T, for this PSO2, it's a bit different for VPN users.

I already tried open PSO2 using shared VPN connection (connecting vpn from laptop, then share it to vita). I can connect the vpn and override to JP connection, but I cannot access PSN as well as PSN Store, it gives connection error. Which is resulting I cannot access the Ship eventhought the text are green.

To sum this all, I cannot connect to PSN while using the shared VPN connection.

Can we overlook this?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got the game working on my Vita since yesterday, the registration was a pain in the butt, and now I find this. Really awesome, good luck, to all of you. \0/

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about how this would work after spoofing no longer works (let's hope it never comes to that), or if I want to set a friend up with this if they're already on 3.61. If I have an exploitable Vita, and an unexploitable Vita, would it be possible to set up the patch on the exploitable Vita (since it has R/W access), and then use that memory card on the unexploitable Vita? My idea is that, since the game is free and can have a legit license, it wouldn't need Henkaku in order to run so long as the files are patched beforehand. Since the memory card would be going from a lower firmware to a higher firmware, the Vita shouldn't complain about it, and as long as the PSN accounts are the same, it should also load up all of the memory card's contents without formatting.

Apologies if that's a bit hard to follow (it makes sense in my head!). But does anyone with a bit more technical knowledge of the Vita's inner workings know if something like this would be feasible?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any update on a English patch for the vita so I can get some use out of my vita?
PSN access on 3.60 is kill, making this translation effectively DOA.
I believe it's abandoned currently and focus is purely on Nova.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end