Gaming [Translation Patch] Tales of Vesperia V1.0 English patch released!

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
AVB2lF3.png

Not sure if anybody remembers this sweet project, but it seems that after years of work, our patience is finally rewarded!

The V1.0 patch includes translated dialogue, menus, and the like. (Pretty much anything with Japanese text on it.)

You will need a PS3 that can run homebrew, however.
See the source to figure out how to apply the patch!

[Source and Downloads]

Reactions: Margen67

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my PARAM.SFO had the wrong md5 during the patching process, so the name is still in japanese for me :( but everything else seems to work really nice.. awesome job from the translation team :bow:

D

Deleted User

my PARAM.SFO had the wrong md5 during the patching process, so the name is still in japanese for me :( but everything else seems to work really nice.. awesome job from the translation team :bow:

Some people had to extract this file and patch it multiple times for it to work.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Diag

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Please help if you can. Grabbed this one "pre patched" in folder format, that has a PS3_GAME folder and a PS3_DISC.SFB file inside.

I copied it over to internal hard drive, and I´m on Rogero 4.55 but it´s not getting seen and google is useless.

Can anyone tell me how the folder layout on my internal drive should look like? So far I´ve only installed one game like this, including DLC and it runs fine.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Please help if you can. Grabbed this one "pre patched" in folder format, that has a PS3_GAME folder and a PS3_DISC.SFB file inside.

I copied it over to internal hard drive, and I´m on Rogero 4.55 but it´s not getting seen and google is useless.

Can anyone tell me how the folder layout on my internal drive should look like? So far I´ve only installed one game like this, including DLC and it runs fine.

/GAMES/
> BLJS10053/
>> PS3_DISK.SFB
>> PS3_GAME/
>>> ICON0.PNG
>>> PARAM.SFO
>>> PIC1.PNG
>>> PS3LOGO.DAT
>>> ...

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for trying to help. Even though there was already a /GAMES/ folder there that didn´t help. My working game(s) are in a /game/ folder.

Those games show up in my normal rogero launch menu. Do I need to launch from another program? I know it´s on the drive because I can find it using Multiman. I found a boot file but it shoots me back to multiman.

No big deal, but it´s a bit frustrating knowing I have to be close. Just don´t get it.:(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on internal, don't put your downloaded/extracted games files into the /game/ folder.
/game/ and /games/ are two different folders !

/game/ is the folder used by the console to store game's data (save game, installed game data, etc.)
/games/ (with a "S") is where the backup loader is looking for your ISO extracted data.

/game/<GameID>/ <--- internal use to store savegames

backup manager use this folder, either on external or internal:
/games/Game title that you want/
/games/Game title that you want/PS3_DISK.SFB
/games/Game title that you want/PS3_GAME/
/games/Game title that you want/PS3_GAME/eboot.bin
etc.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
O.K. Finally got this onto my drive, but it was a pain. I put it on a usb pen drive and multiman saw it. I then copied it over to internal hhd, and now multiman sees it there and it works.

What I don´t get is I copied the same exact thing over using flash fxp to the same exact location.

Do I have to use some other file transfer program? Also I transferred over wireless. Does that make any difference?:wacko:

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
O.K. Finally got this onto my drive, but it was a pain. I put it on a usb pen drive and multiman saw it. I then copied it over to internal hhd, and now multiman sees it there and it works.

What I don´t get is I copied the same exact thing over using flash fxp to the same exact location.

Do I have to use some other file transfer program? Also I transferred over wireless. Does that make any difference?:wacko:

Use ncftp, that program never gives me any trouble.
Also, use wired, or the PS3 may shut down while you are transferring because wireless is too slow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool