ROM Hack [Translation] Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth)

Nagato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m3jtzf73e1uxkcw/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/transla...ond-the-labyrinth.379598/page-27#post-9372116

Search thread for other patch formats for your preferred method.

Side note: I am sorry for using the r-word in the translation at one point. I tried to make a patch to remove the word but I haven't touched this game's data in 6 years so it didn't really go as planned. No one ever actually brought it up to me directly but I did see one or two comments on other websites about it and I genuinely felt bad because it's a word I avoid using these days.

Last edited by Nagato,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey Nagato, great to see you working on something new (I did some work for Aaron on GCCX2, so I've heard good things about your hacking).

Really looking forward to the translation, as it looks like a really exciting game. Also, always great to see new stuff translated on Nintendo platforms.

Rikua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember seeing trailers for this game, looks fantastic. I also remember winning $10 from a bet about this game getting localized lol
I have yet to play this, but I'm curious, is it like a "classic" dungeon crawler (Wizardry/DnD eye of the beholder)? Or does it have any fancy gimmicks?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I would enjoy this when finished.

I also wish I knew enough Japanese to help! ...I'm just a second year student :(

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this morning I made a mistake and deleted the font file with the good VWF, so I have to redo that a bit. :( I have a slightly outdated backup and will try searching for another, but that's some time lost... I also need to add support into the script editor for the variable width font so we can test wordwrapping again. I've spent the day so far trying to figure out why the game is crashing, but I'm kind of at a loss right now... I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the text inserter but I don't know where exactly. :(

More importantly, a translator that I did some small project with a few years ago came out of nowhere saying he was interested in helping out with the translation! I won't name names yet without asking first but he's more than welcome to pop into the thread and say hi if he wants.

That really sucks. D:
Well, take your time. It's better to have a quality release after all.

mdtank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
When I checked out the japanese games on 3DS, this one stuck to my eye. It's great to see an initiative like this!

I don't have any japanese or hacking knowledge but if you want a QA person, I might be able to help. PM me if interested.

angular

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm angular and I'll be working with Nagato as a translator too. I've translated quite a bit of manga (under a different handle) and I've been interested in ROM hacks and translating games, so I'm happy to work on this project because it is one of the few untranslated 3DS games I really like. In addition to the pretty graphics, this game has one of the best combat systems that I've seen in games of its kind. I'm looking forward to seeing you play this game in English!

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm angular and I'll be working with Nagato as a translator too. I've translated quite a bit of manga (under a different handle) and I've been interested in ROM hacks and translating games, so I'm happy to work on this project because it is one of the few untranslated 3DS games I really like. In addition to the pretty graphics, this game has one of the best combat systems that I've seen in games of its kind. I'm looking forward to seeing you play this game in English!

Why hello and glad to see you here too! :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's nice to see translation groups for 3DS :)
hopefully we will have a legit method to release patches by when you complete it.
Good luck working on it!

I tried to search current translation projects, we have 3 active and 1 (Chinese) release.
Maybe we could make a sticky thread with projects and one with requests like we have on other sections.
Someone want to maintain it?

Reactions: BORTZ

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's nice to see translation groups for 3DS :)
hopefully we will have a legit method to release patches by when you complete it.
Good luck working on it!

I tried to search current translation projects, we have 3 active and 1 (Chinese) release.
Maybe we could make a sticky thread with projects and one with requests like we have on other sections.
Someone want to maintain it?

another game is very nearly finished it's chinese translation, maybe even done :) - but i'm not sure what game, they didn't tell me, ha

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another progress update:
Good news! I was able to recover the font from an old file in my Recycle Bin from last night. It'll require a little bit of tweaking but it's mostly right. I'll make a real backup of it this time. :P

Also, a small bump to the translation number. I wrote before that I had about 130 lines or so translated, but today when I was redoing part of my text insertion tool, I went through and marked every translated line, and it came out to about 680 lines total. So the translation percentage has bumped up a bit.

And finally, I finally tracked down and fixed the bug I wrote about before. So the game should be playable now.

Now that you mention it, I don't know of any other public projects off the top of my head. Only Pokemon hacks and undubs. Fun!

Well we were first with Digimon World Decode for the 3DS ;) But nevertheless it's great to see other 3D translations in the work :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: bank got shutdown in april last year