ROM Hack Translation Translation help for Attack on Titan 2 Future Coordinates

Gabu_56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to start a translation project for this game, after extracting the cxi file I came across these folders and files, now how do I get access to the game texts? is there any specific program for this type of file? Kuriimu didn't work. inside the folders there are files without an extension that I don't know how they work.

Attachments

• print ajuda.png
    print ajuda.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 54

Gabu_56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I put it on HxD but I still haven't figured out the format, I'll keep trying, but thanks for the tip :)

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you can't determine which format it is (e.g. magic byte missing) then it is some custom made container stuff. That is tricky since either the files are obfuscated, packed with an algorithm you don't know and/or encrypted with a specific key stored in the binary or library of the game.

Either way you need a good amount of knowledge to reverse engineer such a file.
You can get lucky and if you know some layouts of packing algorithms (like e.g. gzip) you could analyze those patterns in HxD and see that some parts of the container use it and unpack those parts manually.
Usually you need to break the binary down and use some debugger to reverse engineer the file formats and write a tool for it.

Keep in mind getting the files out of the container is most of the times easier than to repack them in the proper format. And you have to repack them.
Good luck!

Last edited by GothicIII,
Reactions: Gabu_56

ohmmy11

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
could you give me a file when you finished this project please ? i want to play this game from bottom of my heart but i have nothing bout Japanese language , Thank u .

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=969XGZ_t7cE