ROM Hack Translation for Final Fantasy: ROF

hausome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I was just wondering if it was possible for someone to patch the .nds file for FF: ROF so that they would be able to translate it to English. I've only seen this done on a PSP game called Monster Hunter.

K

KaliKot

end of the year....2008?
tongue.gif

hausome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's going to be a long wait. That's why I was wondering if it was possible for someone to patch it ahead of time, perhaps?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if someone is willing to do a patch that will become illegal once the US version comes out.

Based on the amount of script it has, translation will take weeks. I bet there's a Chinese translation project going on though, they're always so fast.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt anyone would bother with translating a game that will come out in English, even if it is a long way away. Too much time and effort.

You could try and learn some Japanese, might take a while but at least you won't have to wait.

hausome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha maybe they can help us cope with our hunger and at least translate the first couple bits of the game...wishful thinking

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be cool if someone made a tool that extracted all the text, babelfished it, then injected it back in. It would be Zero Wing all over again
tongue.gif

And about the above statement:

AND DONT TELL ME THATS IMPOSSIBLE, ITS POSSIBLE BUT EXTREMELY HARD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their...