1. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You can't update the installed game?

2. AriaPaxen

AriaPaxen Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    No idea.... the only method I can find, even on this site says you need the game title and the usual method of installing it but Freeshop was shut down and I don’t know or have found any other methods. I also just installed Luma3ds about a week ago just to play DQMJ3 so still very very new at this sort of thing

3. CHVR

CHVR Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    When I go to the arena the most of the dialogues are untranslated. is there a fix for that?

Last edited by CHVR, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Dajj

Dajj Newbie
    Newcomer

Sierra Leone
    " I believe this is laziness on the users part that we do not need to account for." you can tell how badly he was waiting to write just that..... #bitter #af
    that AFTER saying "You likely won't be able to fully patch this to play the way we intended it unless you have a strong understanding of CustomFW and 3DS/CIA file structures." so..... the lazy one is the user while the messiah with all the knowledge (and free time) just blatantly refuses to do it easier and everyone that does things differently is a lazy person, like, wtaf.
    tell that bitter kid "laziness" bs to switch HB and CFW devs.

5. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    do you have the 1.1 update installed?

6. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    Would it still work if I instead use the patch on an updated CIA?
    Edit: welp guess this thread is ded. guess I'll try and hope the english text still takes priority.

Last edited by Plasmaster09, Mar 10, 2020
  7. AriaPaxen

AriaPaxen Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    *Screams in Frustration* Ok How do I reinstall both Luma3ds and the Game/Update patch the way the People who worked on the game properly? Because I have no clue on what the heck on how to do any of the steps they gives at ALL! I'm not tech savvy and while I can understand basics from youtube videos on Installing Luma3ds, everything they tell us to do to Install the game and the update Patch...it just confuses the hell out of me, plus I'm high functioning Autistic that's more Art and creativity aligned mentally so some one please help!

8. Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09 Social Justice Potato

United States
    1) DO NOT use YouTube guides for installing Luma. Use the actual guide at 3ds.hacks.guide instead.
    2) All I can say is try to read through it bit by bit.

9. Kralich

Kralich Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Really great fun - it's just a shame the variety in the bestiary seemed so lacking compared to the first two games. Not by numbers, but by unique headcount - recolours abound VS cool implementations of other monsters (a favourite I remember from DQMJ2P was the Xiphos!)

Plattym3! likes this.
  10. Denbacoe
    This message by Denbacoe has been removed from public view by x65943, May 14, 2020, Reason: don't ask for help finding copyrighted materials.
    May 14, 2020 Show
  11. lone_wolf323
    This message by lone_wolf323 has been removed from public view by x65943, May 14, 2020, Reason: reply to trashed post.
    May 14, 2020 Show
  12. AriaPaxen

AriaPaxen Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I actually did both, I had read the guide first but it still confused me so I went to youtube just to help me make sense of it. the problem I'm having is that not all the text in DQMJ3 is still English. I just want to know how to fix that with out people or the guides people recommend confusing the heck out of me
    like I said i'm not tech savvy and I just want some help figuring out how to get the text that switched from English back to Japanese back to English again, please

13. DynastyVic

DynastyVic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    So I have been reading that the English update patch 1.01 untranslates the game back into Japanese.

But I read that if you follow the instructions. It will be fully patched as english.
    Is this correct or is the english 1.01 patch having issues still?

14. mozg

mozg Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    patch 1.1 override some translations, but i encountered this only in some spell books that sold on wi-fi square.

Plattym3! likes this.
  15. bahamut920

bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's the DQ Monsters official update that undoes some of the translation work, AFAIK. Seems like it changes some of the descriptive text or something.

16. DynastyVic

DynastyVic GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I saw an English update version for 1.1v.

Does this still apply or better keep it in the original form?
    If not, I can delete the update patch from the extra data if I am correct?

Last edited by DynastyVic, May 29, 2020
  17. sapsie

sapsie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello. I'm trying to use the LayeredFS patch on the older translation of DQMJ3 which I already have a save on. I made a backup on checkpoint and used an unmodified japan cia with the new patch enabled. The game works with the layeredfs patch upon the first launch, but after restoring my save from checkpoint it causes a luma crash before the title screen. I'm unsure of what I'm doing wrong since the patch seemingly works so long as I don't restore my save. I appreciate any help in advance.

18. mozg

mozg Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Try Your save with unmodified version

19. sapsie

sapsie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    \
    The save works on an unmodified japanese version of the game. Only after modifying it and changing the save file will it crash. The translated game does work if there is no save file present.

20. mozg

mozg Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Just to clear some things, after restoring save with checkpoint, both version of the game (unmodified and modified) crash?

21. sapsie

sapsie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    After restoring the save with checkpoint, only the unmodified game will crash. I can play my save file in the japanese version.

22. mozg

mozg Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    I thought unmodified = japanese, anyway, I assume there is some informatin in your save, that generates crash on translated version (for example monster name)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Translation], Monsters, Dragon