[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Dec 22, 2017.

1. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    Is there anyone who can help me locate the stealth box containing the barnstormer book? I've been looking for ages. So far I've only found barnstormer+, and that doesn't work for making luminary. -.-

Edit: Found it. Looking for fighter now if anyone knows.

Last edited by MadMageKefka, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Lemurboy072

Lemurboy072 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Want to ask just to be sure, does this patch work for DQM J3 Professional?

3. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
  4. Lemurboy072

Lemurboy072 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Gonna ask this, anyone got a good guide that for monsters that you require looking into certain places to find like Spitnik & Mourning Moon?

5. Bitanator

Bitanator Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2019
    Ireland
    How far along are in the game?

6. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Madrid
    Hi guys! Has the pro versión even started?

Thanks!

7. StrangeServer

StrangeServer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2019
    Italy
    i keep failing trying to download the update from a qr code,what am i getting wrong?found

Plattym3! likes this.
  8. StrangeServer

StrangeServer Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2019
    Italy
    The error i get is 0xD963F99C

9. MiuNya

MiuNya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    Ireland
    Hey, just putting it out there that there is a flying metal angel slime on one of the cogs on that dusty flying island. You zoom to the rooftop and go to the stairs down where theres a knight slime. You fly off the rail right over the knights head and around the fence a little, youl land on a cog where theres a chance to find one. I found it bc i was trying to reach the area behind the fence to get the chest on the other side lol. anyway its not always there so make sure and zoom back up and try again till it appears. 24750exp I got when killing 2 or 3, cant remember. I think I have an exp boosting item on.

side note: I once found a mimic there too, brown kind.

Last edited by MiuNya, Oct 28, 2019
  10. MiuNya

MiuNya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    Ireland
    Also there is that bug that has monsters dead when you encounter them. I figure the exp is pretty sweet, it never bothered me really but tantamount is a really cool looking one, I wanted to get a mutated colour varient but its obviously impossible.... or IS IT? I am currently seeing if theres a way. I noticed that the other dead monsters if you fight it enough you absolutely can encounter ONE, I have scouted all the "death" monsters ive come across from level grinding (hehe no judge). I am seeing if enough encounters makes the mutant one appear. NOW fleeing doesn't matter, it still counts as killing it so I started bashing the pink jelly slime things right next to it, it now shoes up with the slime and NOW when you flee it still keeps the mutant!! It takes forever and sometimes the slime doesnt show up and you gotta start again because saving doesnt save the mutation, its actually horrible, and ive no idea if it works. If anyone with patience of a saint wants to try, go right ahead... xD I mean if it gets fixed then its no issue but I like the option of free exp.

Plattym3! likes this.
  11. Tokenx

Tokenx Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2007
    United States
    Are you using a pre-patched rom? There's an issue with the v1.1 official patch overriding parts of the pre-patched rom, including the problem you have, and another bug where lots of text doesn't get translated (especially in the online plaza) that actually was translated in the patch.

The fix is to follow steps 6 and 7 in this thread ("Setting up your SD card" and "Setting up Luma 3DS patching"), and you can get those 4 files you need under step 1c (I forgot which of the two links it is, but the correct one will have those 4 files specifically and not much else).

Hope it helps!

12. MiuNya

MiuNya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2019
    Ireland
    Thanks! I was also wondering, how do you use the colour fusion option? I chose a monster to recolour but nothing happens on the second option. am I missing something?

13. TheTrueDream42

TheTrueDream42 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2015
    United States
    You need to choose a Fondude monster in the second slot.

Plattym3! likes this.
  14. deityshadow

deityshadow Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Armstrong, Missouri
    I've tried reading through all the posts on this, and I see why using luma on the sd card works, but what about if you are playing the game on citra and you update the game. How do I fix where the language reverts back in parts?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When updating to 1.1, sorry forgot to mention that.

15. Zerocustom

Zerocustom Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2019
    United States
    Is there any way to get Kandar Viking besides online? I want to make a monster but he is a required material. Im playing on citra on pc because my mod is messed up. If not and anyone is tech savvy and can help me fix my mod on my 3ds that would be awesome also. I would like to play on there online if I can. I modded it years ago luckily as Im not all that tech savvy and then messed it up recently trying to update my 3ds to play online matches

16. Cryse

Cryse Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2016
    Canada

You can fix this by taking the files mentioned in step 6 c) of the install instructions and replacing the files of the same name that are present in the 1.1 update file. You'll need some method of extracting and then repacking the update file in order to do this.

17. Diorlis

Diorlis Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    France
    Is a patch for the pro version planned ?

Zerocustom likes this.
  18. Wooshy

Wooshy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    Gambia, The
    as much as i love free bumps for this thread, read first, then ask. It's like every post is a person asking for the pro version

Plattym3! likes this.
  19. Zerocustom

Zerocustom Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2019
    United States
    Is there no way to get some monsters besides via online mode? If so, does anyone have a list? Im on citra and trying to get certain monsters and dont know if Im wasting my time. Any help is appreciated.

20. Wooshy

Wooshy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    Gambia, The
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted