[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Dec 22, 2017.

1. mozg

mozg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Russia
    My guess, code.ips file not present or damaged

Helmax likes this.
  2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Oh, no. I was talking about the particular item names shown in that picture.

I don't yet know how they look in my own game.

3. fallenangemon0

fallenangemon0 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    United States
    An absolute tragedy that the latest patch of this game + translation efforts are a massive pain in the arse to get working together.

4. SndDelight

SndDelight Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    France
    Hi, I just completed the tutorial for patching the game. It runs just fine, everything seems to be translated... Until the hidden box in Wood Park (forest area) after unlocking monster riding. Opening it makes the game crash.
    I think I grabbed the latest patch though, where this crash should be fixed. Is it possible I did anything wrong ? Apart from that, I haven't run into any other bug nor crash. Thanks !

5. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    United States
    Save frequently, there's at least one other crash that I've found (speaking to guy to the right of the king once the guys move to the fallen city)

6. XiNaru

XiNaru Member

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2017
    Germany
    thank you very mutch, but i wish a german version :)

7. BaconTomato

BaconTomato Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    Singapore
    Hi all. The latest patches worked really well, but now I'm midway through the game and suddenly this error pops up every time I try to start the game. I noticed that unchecking "allow game patching" from Luma settings allows me to get back into the game, but of course with some text reverted to Japanese. Checking it brings me back to the same error. Any idea what's going on here? Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited by BaconTomato, Jul 11, 2019 at 9:26 AM
  8. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    United States
    So I'm working on editing the chart on http://dqmj3.ffsky.cn/skillsp.htm to use the names from this translation, and I'd like to post a little bit of what I've discovered here for posterity and to kinda sort through it myself

For single-element spell skills (zap, zam, sizz, etc.), the first spell is just a name, then the name with a "+" after it, then it branches into a physical version with abilities based on atk stat, and a magical version with abilities based on int stat. Using the lightning skill Zap as an example:
    When a monster with Zap mastered is fused with anything, Zap+ becomes available to the resulting monster. If a monster with Zap+ mastered is fused with a monster that has mastered one or more of Wisdom Boost EX (highest wisdom boost, Wisdom Boost SP + Druid), Druid (Wizard + Wizard), Priest (Monk + Monk)*, or Luminary (Barnstormer + Barnstormer)*, then you get access to the magic-focused Zap SP. If your monster with Zap+ is instead fused with a monster that has mastered one or more of Attack Boost EX (Attack Boost SP + Warrior), Fencer (Warrior + Warrior), Champion (Fighter + Fighter)*, or Assassin (Bandit + Bandit)*, then you get access to a more physical version of the skill called Zap EX.

Pretty straightforward so far, but combined element spell skills are a little different. To get a combined element spell skill, you have to use specific element spell skills (not just any two can be combined). So far I've only found one in-game, but it's not hard to decipher which elements go together from the chart, plus I think they were the same in previous DQMJ games. Quake & Gravity, Woosh & Zap, Frizz & Bang, and Fizz & Crack are the ones I know of. Just continuing with Woosh & Zap:
    To get Woosh & Zap, you need a monster with Woosh+ and a monster with Zap+. They probably don't need to be on separate monsters, but I haven't tested that. Once you fuse that, the resulting monster can get Woosh & Zap. The next part is where it gets a little weird. It branches just like before, but this time the physical-based branch is called Woosh & Zap SP, and the magic-based branch is called Woosh & Zap+. Getting the physical or magical versions is the same as before; Woosh & Zap combined with Wisdom Boost EX, Druid, Priest*, or Luminary* for Woosh & Zap+, Woosh & Zap combined with Attack Boost EX, Fencer, Champion*, or Assassin* for Woosh & Zap SP. Alternatively, you could just fuse Zap SP with Woosh SP for Woosh & Zap+, or Zap EX with Woosh EX for Woosh & Zap SP

*I haven't gotten these yet, so I'm basing this on others' information

So, to summarize: For single-element spell skills, EX is physical and SP is magical. For dual-element spell skills, SP is physical, and + is magical. For Boost skills (Attack Boost, Wisdom Boost, etc.), SP is the third version, and EX is the highest version (though it only has stat up, no wards like the lower version). E.g.: Attack Boost -> Attack Boost+ -> Attack Boost SP -> Attack Boost EX. On the Japanese chart, the final Boost version is SP, so that was confusing for a second. Also, 達人 and 名手 both being Google translated as master, so you had "master of darkness" requiring "master of darkness"

Now that I've typed this out, maybe I'll remember it lol. And if it helps even one person, that'd make me happy. If this is an inappropriate place to post this, I can start a thread on gamefaqs or something. I'll probably end up posting the chart there, when I'm done

Edit: I should note that I'm only at the volcano, so some of this is extrapolation based on a few skills, assuming consistency in naming conventions. That is to say, don't be surprised if you fuse a physical-based dual-element spell skill and it comes out as [name] & [name] EX or something, I haven't tested them all

Last edited by JonArbuckle28, Jul 12, 2019 at 1:00 AM
  9. SndDelight

SndDelight Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    France
    Hey. Did you have any problems with opening loot boxes or monsters spawning dead before that ? I'm pretty sure I have the latest version of the patch, but these don't seem to work right despite that.

10. JonArbuckle28

JonArbuckle28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2019
    United States
    What I did was extract the game to cia and apply the patch to the .cia on my pc (using romfs and whatnot). Then I got ingame and the first stealth box crashed me, so I went ahead and got the official DQMJ3 1.1 patch, installed it, set up luma patching, re-extracted the patched files that you have to put in \luma\titles\000400000016ad00\romfs\data\, and put them in there. Only crash I've seen since then is trying to help the butler guy next to the king, so I just stay away from him

Last edited by JonArbuckle28, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:09 AM