[Translation] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Helmax, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    a) Can't remember when during the post game but yes, the upgraded version of the Metal Slime disc will be available.
    b) After you beat the main game you will be given a new form of fusion that allows you to choose which traits your child gets from its parents, including body size.
    c) Hard to say since this game involves constantly getting new monsters. Being stat capped (no longer getting any stats on level up) is as far as you need to go.
    Even if you can't, you can always use your network coins or temporarily disable the game patching to get more.

2. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Of what disc are you talking about?

3. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    "Shiny disc." Similar to Metal disc but with rarer enemies that give more xp.

4. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    And where can i get all those discs? And where use them?

5. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You'll get them as you progress through the post-game and you can use them in the B1 floor of Fallen City.

6. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Could someone post the metal tree? I want a metal king slime. Please! By ranks

7. Einzbern

Einzbern Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    If you mean adding the files from the extracted .cia to the /luma/ folder, then yeah. I followed the tutorial. What I'm saying is with game patching enabled, everything is fine. Everything is 100% in english as it should be. The issue is when I disable game patching, almost everything is still in English, with a few things in Japanese. It doesn't seem to change the font of the in game keyboard at all, so Japanese characters are still hard to distinguish.

Can't remember which is which, but one is Sゴる王ょ最将神スら (for ゴールデンスライムのMAP) and hte other is Sすラ神愛文ぞぽごル (for スライムゴールドのMAP). Found them on
    http://dragon-quest.jp/dqmj3/taiken/code.php .

TheGuyMadeOfTofu likes this.
  8. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    Could someone post some complete synthesis websites?

As many as you find, if they have pictures better

9. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    You can get any Master's Road monster more than once if you kill it within 5 turns.
    Recommend doing the first zone's Master Road as soon as possible because that Motorcycle monster is super fast and makes travel slightly less annoying. Also easier to catch fleeing monsters.

10. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2016
    Just got that bike monster and boy is it great. Even went out of my way to make some racing maps on the machine since is much faster to finish them up like this and earn those carefully selected(random as hell) monster prizes

11. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    When you rescue the one guy in Grim Tundra from his coffin, there is a disc for a metal slime map inside. It starts with just metal slimes, metal pearl slime, and metal angel slimes, but it eventually gets metal medley slimes, liquid metal slimes, and metal king slimes as you progress through the story.

Pedeadstrian posted how to get the king earlier. It requires 4 regular Metal Slimes. Fuse both sets of regular metal slimes into Liquid Metal Slimes, and then fuse the 2 Liquid Metal Slimes into the Metal King.

Pedeadstrian and wicksand420 like this.
  12. Einzbern

Einzbern Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    Not sure where else to ask this, but what exactly does Kaoomph do? It states "Doubles the occurence of your allies' special traits in battle. (MAG)". AFAIK that would be different from Oomph(le) which increases physical attack damage (I think?), and I can't find any mention of it from previous DQ games(only Oomph and Oomphle).

13. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    That's an odd translation... as a general rule, Ka- means it targets all enemies/allies, so it's just Oomph but it affects your/their whole party. Oomph: slight atk increase on one ally. Oomphle: large atk increase on one ally. Kaoomph: slight atk increase on all allies.
    Too bad the combination of map traits isn't already set. Then you could just save beforehand, make super cheap level 1 discs until you find one with a good reward then reload your save and make it at a higher level.

14. DomiKing

DomiKing Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    maps level up if you visit them so you could just make lv1 maps

15. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    True, but the chance of getting an SS from a level 1-40 is negligible. You'd have to finish the map several times just to get it to the point where you have a 15%+ chance of success.

16. boncabe

boncabe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    Malaysia
    Where do you get the key to unlock first zone's master road?

17. Skaidus

Skaidus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2017
    Spain
    How kill metal bubble slimes effectively? They fly everytime. I see more worth it the quimera spawn death in the core.

18. Einzbern

Einzbern Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    Two questions about stats.

I noticed various sites (and the in game encyclopedia) will stats monsters have a certain stat upper limit, but when I go to breed that monster it ends up being much lower. For example, the Drake Slime is supposed to have an 860 upper limit on attack but when I go to actually breed one it states It'll have an upper limit of 516. No matter what the parents are, it seems.

Second, is there anything in particular that determines stat growths on level up? Is it based on their upper limit? or?

19. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Rank+offset determine how close your monster's limits are to that specific monster's "true" limits. Also, some traits (mostly the Act 1-2, Act 2, etc. and the metal body traits) will affect your monster's stat limits, e.g. Metal Body giving your monster 1/2 damage taken but also halves your monster's max HP.
    Generally the higher each stat's limit is the more that particular stat (on average) will go up each level. This can be increased by using certain stamps in your accessories that affect how quickly your stats will reach their limit, but be warned, as this does not increase the limits themselves.

20. Einzbern

Einzbern Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2008
    United States
    Hate to be posting so much in this thread, but I'm not sure of anywhere else I could ask. When I said no matter the parents, I meant even ones with somewhat high offsets. Not just +1 or +2, but ones I would fused that would have like +25 or +26 would still have the same stat limit. Is there a particular offset the limits increase?

You mention stamps on accessories. What am I looking for exactly for these?

Two unrelated questions:

What does Treasure Hunter do? I don't see it listed in my encyclopedia, but I have it from the Lucky Ring.

Is the whole map/disc system thing a post game thing, or will I unlock it during the story?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice