Translated DS roms?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Eierkuchen, May 26, 2007.

May 26, 2007

Translated DS roms? by Eierkuchen at 9:23 AM (3,548 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Eierkuchen
    OP

Newcomer Eierkuchen Member

Germany
    hi community,

I'm from Germany and this is my first post at all at gbatemp. So don't bother about my english^^

I've seen the JUS translating project but it is not finished, isn't it? Is even one translation for any game availaible? Maybe for Bleach DS or Death Note? I don't know any site which refers to DS-Translation [​IMG]

mfg Eierkuchen

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    www.romhacking.net has a few I think

EDIT: Nope. It has other ones though (other consoles, earlier ones)

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The DS is too new (read it is too close to piracy) for romhacking.net, and this opinion seems to be shared among the majority of rom hackers.

As it stands there are a few translations, ones released include

1. I did new super mario brothers from US to French, kind of pointless as I knew even then a release was about three weeks away. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33129&hl=
    2. Jump Super Stars (as in the first one) is ongoing for English and Italian: http://www.translationrl.it/index.php?opti...id=27&Itemid=26
    3. Final Fantasy 3 was translated into Thai: http://www.kenghot.com/ and there are several early stage English translations of the Japanese rom.
    4. Numerous Chinese (simplified mainly) translations exist, yyjoy is a good place to start.
    5. There have also been a few European language translations (Spanish and Italian):
    http://www.freewebs.com/mgarrine_nds/

ones for Xiaolin showdown and Lionel Trains on Track US rom (Spanish, French, Italian and German), superseeded by the Euro release really.

4. yukine

Member yukine GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I share your pain, I'd love for translations for Death Note, Bleach, and also Eyeshield 21.

Even if it's just screenshots of the games, with the major things translated would be good.

5. Jim~

Member Jim~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. rcxAsh

Newcomer rcxAsh Member

Canada
    Haha, I was just about to, but then I saw your post! The US release is coming out in a couple weeks time though, right? I think I like this game enough to warrant picking it up when it is on store shelves here.

By the way, speaking of translations, does anyone know if there is a translation or a translation project going on for Xenosaga I & II? English or French? Though, I'd wager that there is so much to translate that most people haven't thought of doing it..? At least, from my initial searching, I couldn't find anything of interest.

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I knew there was something I was forgetting, aside from panel de pon Jump Ultimate stars is being translated into Spanish as a seperate effort to the project around here.

As for xenosaga, I took a look at the rom way back when: it does not have a simple character set that I could see but I did not look hard. You are correct about the massive amount of text and effort it would be though.

8. Eierkuchen
    OP

Newcomer Eierkuchen Member

Germany
    thx a lot for the links and the infos. i'll keep an eye the jump super stars translation [​IMG]

9. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Maybe someone should start a Prince Of Tennis translation!?

Brilliant game it is.