Translate FIFA 08 commentator

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by unbekannt, Nov 1, 2007.

Nov 1, 2007
  1. unbekannt
    OP

Newcomer unbekannt Newbie

Germany
    Hi,

I'm angry about the fact that the commentator of FIFA 08 in the German-version speaks English. I have extract the .nds-rom and have also extract and decoded the sound_data.sdat with "ndssndext.exe". Now I have all soundfiles in wav-format, but how can I rebuild the sound_data.sdat? With "sdattool.exe" I get .strm-files and now I don't no how to edit them. I have tried to import them in Audacity as "RAW Data" with different sample rates, but I hadn't success.

Short: How can I edit the strm-files and rebuild the sound_data.dat?

Thanks

2. lilfrankie

Member lilfrankie GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I asked this question a while ago (It wasn't about FIFA, though), but what I've heard is that there is no easy way to edit sound. Extract, yeah kinda easy.. Changing, well it's not that hard.. But putting it back in? I've heard that there is no program that does it for you, but you have to do it yourself with a Hex editor. How? I don't really know, there are a few topics about this, probably still on the first page in Game Development, ROM Hacking and Translations..
    I could be all wrong, in that case, please inform me too. [​IMG]

3. unbekannt
    OP

Newcomer unbekannt Newbie

Germany
    I have read in this forum that sdattool writes a file with information about the contains of the soundfile. So it can rebuild the file. In cause of that the question is how to edit the strm-files.

Maybe someone can help. I will read some topics more and hope to find an answer.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It is an area I have been following for a while now and lilfrankie is correct (it is manual or nothing), have a read of the threads around in this section sand this page:
    http://kiwi.ds.googlepages.com/sdat.html