• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I live under Tyrant Trump's rulings, and he's truly awful. Clueless about how the world actually operates from any perspective that isn't a business deal shitting all over everyone. I have many trans friends, and this actually breaks my heart that my country's shitty leader is trying to erase their identities. I took Obama for granted, and I miss him deeply.
Check Russia, UK, China and other places.
Trump is nice if compare with other presidents.
And trans is trans, but they should not hide it male trans, woman trans.
They should have same gender standards that ppl receive by birth.
It's their choice to live their lives as trans, but they still same what their parents make them

Reactions: DarthDub

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
The fact that you, yourself are being closed minded about someone else's views is exactly why politics and GBAtemp should never intertwine. These threads always spiral down so damn fast because of attitudes like yours
Kindly do explain how I'm being "closed minded" by giving a proper counter to his argument.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Check Russia, UK, China and other places.
Trump is nice if compare with other presidents.
And trans is trans, but they should not hide it male trans, woman trans.
They should have same gender standards that ppl receive by birth.
It's their choice to live their lives as trans, but they still same what their parents make them
Just because it's more shit elsewhere does not mean you can't complain about the shortcomings of where you live.

By that logic, the only ones allowed to complain about anything are the people currently living in warzones whose houses have been destroyed and currently have to hope for rescue workers to arrive.

(also being trans/gay/bi isn't a choice, that kind of attitude is used by homophobes and transphobes to defend their shitty views)

Reactions: AmandaRose

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! MAKE BIOLOGY GREAT AGAIN! I'm fully on board. Way too many special little snowflakes begging for attention. The world has much more serious issues than little boys who want to grow up to be little girls.

Reactions: Japermen

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes! MAKE BIOLOGY GREAT AGAIN! I'm fully on board. Way too many special little snowflakes begging for attention. The world has much more serious issues than little boys who want to grow up to be little girls.
Except the Trump administration is going out of its way to repeal this and there is zero motivation for this move that would go under "fixing more serious issues".

If as you say, they care about more serious issues, they wouldn't even be concerning themselves with this subject at all.

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Kindly do explain how I'm being "closed minded" by giving a proper counter to his argument.

Just because it's more shit elsewhere does not mean you can't complain about the shortcomings of where you live.

By that logic, the only ones allowed to complain about anything are the people currently living in warzones whose houses have been destroyed and currently have to hope for rescue workers to arrive.
Oh, so if I complain against trans it is fine???
Because then: gays, trans and other ppl would come and cry thats not normal.
But originally its other way
Many ppl shut up and acept ppl like that, because if you said anything then you would have problems.

Well, like I said before: It's their life and their choices, so they should not spread it on others.
And no government can change the way ppl wiling to live as they like.

But gender should be writen that you receive on birth

Last edited by k7ra,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you getting personal and insult me? I just have the opinion that there is only male and female, and that you have to deal with what you are born with. Going against it is like fighting nature. To me it looks like a psychological disorder, not a "gender variant" or whatever.
This is a discussion thread and if you don't tolerate different opinions, you should not be here.
Insuting me just for saying my opinion is really uncalled for.
From what I read, and I don't know much about this, it's the department of health and human services, so maybe they do need to know your biological identity? I hope everyone agrees there are medical emergencys where someone might need to know your gender, and though yes we have electronic medical records, they still can take a long time to pull up. (The same issue as "do not resuscitate" which I do support under certain circumstances.) Maybe they could have you registered that separately, or how about if we had "gender" and "birth gender" fields? Could also be when they scan your driver's in a hospital?

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any dispute about one’s sex would have to be clarified using genetic testing.

well he's not my president, and i don't live in states, but i agree with him, sex CAN NOT be changes and there are only 2 on this planet:
-XX;
-XY;

even the individual's appearance has been alternated through surgery.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a psychonaut with years of otherworldly testing I have come to find the spirit whatever you will call it upon ego death is genderless, some people aren't capable of living by what their meatsuit was configured for, you will all laugh but maybe not on the next level.

I'm going to say that politics is politics and that nobody should change based on what some tyrant says.
See: divide and rule.

What does this actually change? who gives a shit really if that person down the street wants to live as a female? I'm not going to go about ranting political correctness at them, I would be the fucking idiot.

People should just do what they want, and don't forget all the real bad shit big bully America is doing to it's people and other countries' people, also your privacy doesn't exist.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dated a transgender girl and most of you cant imagine the amount of shit they have to go through. I got to see first hand how much it affected her. Stuff like this only makes it worse. It genuinely ruins lives to be invalidated like this. And I know people will say you shouldnt let what other people say get to you or it's just science, but you really have no clue what being in that position is like. Its easy to say they dont have it bad from the outside.

D

Deleted User

IMO there needs to be some regulation towards the whole identification process, otherwise government documents such as a driving license or passport is going to be completely swamped by totally different options for gender that some countries may not recognize.

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dated a transgender girl and most of you cant imagine the amount of shit they have to go through. I got to see first hand how much it affected her. Stuff like this only makes it worse. It genuinely ruins lives to be invalidated like this. And I know people will say you shouldnt let what other people say get to you or it's just science, but you really have no clue what being in that position is like. Its easy to say they dont have it bad from the outside.

Gender is a permanent label people shouldn't get worked up over. You can act like the opposite gender as much as your heart desires but when the government is involved it's going to always be the real deal. What's on paper does not "invalidate" anybody at all. It's nothing to get worked up over, as I said.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gender is a permanent label people shouldn't get worked up over. You can act like the opposite gender as much as your heart desires but when the government is involved it's going to always be the real deal. What's on paper does not "invalidate" anybody at all. It's nothing to get worked up over, as I said.
This exactly what I'm talking about. You can say its nothing to get worked up over because it doesnt affect you. It never will affect you.
What you're missing is that they arent acting like the other gender. They internally are the other gender and are stuck in the wrong body.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice. So-called "transexuals" make up only 0.7% of the population, there really shouldn't be widespread acceptance of them.

Last edited by guisadop,

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just like how people living in the west mostly won't see the injustice the world is receiving, for example if you were born in Syria.

People in the west will go on as they do without worrying about being bombed by an English or American drone for example, so why care?

Apathy fucking sucks, and this goes for most people not on the side suffering, pretending it doesn't exist because they don't feel it.

Reactions: seren3

Kallus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This exactly what I'm talking about. You can say its nothing to get worked up over because it doesnt affect you. It never will affect you.
What you're missing is that they arent acting like the other gender. They internally are the other gender and are stuck in the wrong body.

That's where you're wrong buddy. I've been friends and worked with transgender people. They do not care what it says on the papers. They understand they are not the gender they claim to be, it's just a social thing for them and they get it. The only thing they value is how they are treated by people around them. Not a dumb label.

Reactions: Tri-Z

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like how people living in the west mostly won't see the injustice the world is receiving, for example if you were born in Syria.

People in the west will go on as they do without worrying about being bombed by an English or American drone for example, so why care?

Apathy fucking sucks, and this goes for most people not on the side suffering, pretending it doesn't exist because they don't feel it.
It's very sad

Last edited by seren3,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt