• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You arent listening to me. I'm talking about biologically. There is a biological difference in the physical brain between a transgender person born male and a non trans male. But he is fine with ignoring that biological difference cause it doesnt hell him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then ignore it? Xbox one stuff shows up, I dont have an xbox one, I dont go there and complain.
Is there a physical difference between the brains of Male and females or is it different between cis and gender dysphoric. Because if it's the latter it's not evidence that gender can be measured, just that dysphoria can be diagnosed with fmri.

Absolutely love how the haters here keep saying being transgender is a mental health disorder yet the World Health Organisation and many of the worlds doctors and scientists say its not. But hey I guess its just easier for the haters to say that myself and every other transgender is mentally ill.

I'm not a hater, but if your mind and body are two different genders, there's a disorder there. Something went wrong. Either a mental or genetic disorder. But that can be debated.

Last edited by WeedZ,

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh you do know that the mental aspect of sex is called gender, right? Gender dysphoria makes your chemistry different from those of the same sex as you, it doesn't affect your sex. You can not change your sex, and your genitals are proof of your sex. And does he have to be transgender to define sex as biological? I don't see why that matters. Anywho, his logic is correct, and people are just bending what he's actually saying to make him look evil.
Look. Biological means your physical body structure. Your brain is part of your physical body structure. So if your sex is whatever group your physical body resembles, theres the issue that trans people have brains that do not resemble their born sex's brain structure, but rather their identifies sex's. This contradicts trump's "you are whatever sex your biology is" thing. If you cant see how a trans woman having physical characteristics of a woman contradicts trump saying that it is all based off of physical characteristics, I cant help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a physical difference between the brains of Male and females or is it different between cis and gender dysphoric. Because if it's the latter it's not evidence that gender is can be measured, just that dysphoria can be diagnosed
I posted some studies a few pages back, it seems that there are physical differences between male and female brains and that trans peoples brains closer resemble their identities genders brain.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but rather their identifies sex's
Look, It's incorrect to say you have a different sex, because you can't change sex. I've said this countless times, sex =/= gender identity. When somebody is trans"gender", they change their gender identity, not their sex or gender. You'll always biologically be the same sex/gender wether you like it or not.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, It's incorrect to say you have a different sex, because you can't change sex. I've said this countless times, sex =/= gender identity. When somebody is trans"gender", they change their gender identity, not their sex or gender. You'll always biologically be the same sex/gender wether you like it or not.
Transgender doesnt mean you changed sex. It means you were born with the physical brain of the other sex. So biologically you arent the same as the sex you are born as because your brain is biologically different from theirs.

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes. Because a 30 or so something man wanting to take his dick out and fuck a 5 year old is totally comparable to someone being stuck in the wrong body.

Yep. Totally comparable.
There was no comparison made. Do you even know what that word means? The only similarity between them is that they are labels invented by people. Hint: If you want people to take you seriously, lose the sarcasm.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite frankly, the thread blow up so quickly and I'm still trying to process it all, including the OP, but...
I posted some studies a few pages back, it seems that there are physical differences between male and female brains and that trans peoples brains closer resemble their identities genders brain.
Even if this true, being more likely to be feminine or masculine seems like a big jump from that to a whole gender change, to me.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
And yet some people deny those studies and say gender is a social construct.

I'm not a hater, but if your mind and body are two different genders, there's a disorder there. Something went wrong. Either a mental or genetic disorder. But that can be debated.
Something went wrong in the womb and some developmental problem happened that caused this.

The only reason I see them say it's not a disorder is because that's the best they got right now since there is no cure.
So might as well say they are normal and see them as normal people so they are not bullied.

But if technology advances and we can manipulate the brain so that their brain matches sex organs, will it then be classified a disorder in the future? A disorder that we can cure. This is why I think they don't classify it as a disorder now, because it's best way to handle this situation for now.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And yet some people deny those studies and say gender is a social construct.

Something went wrong in the womb and some developmental problem happened that caused this.

The only reason I see them say it's not a disorder is because that's the best they got right now since there is no cure.
So might as well say they are normal and see them as normal people so they are not bullied.

But if technology advances and we can manipulate the brain so that their brain matches sex organs, will it then be classified a disorder in the future? A disorder that we can cure. This is why I think they don't classify it as a disorder now, because it's best way to handle this situation for now.

That sounds horrible mate! a future where someone's brain can be altered to fit in with society like a jigsaw piece? fuck that man, if that was a possibility on earth I would drop so much acid they wouldn't know where to start! oh wait, too late! :rofl2:

Imagine that as a possibility, and where would it end?

The technology would pose a double edged sword and in the wrong moral application could spell doom for us all!

And it's not nice to be denied for simplicity, that's my view.

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The best thing about this kind of thread is the people who has no idea about what they are talking about and act all mighty because they found something on the internet that support their position.

And this is valid for both side.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Basically taking away people rights. let them choose they aren't hurting anyone. this is why I fear for this country people making decisions like these without consulting the people's opinion. I love to live in America without a doubt, i just worry for the future of my generation and my kids

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds horrible mate! a future where someone's brain can be altered to fit in with society like a jigsaw piece? fuck that man, if that was a possibility on earth I would drop so much acid they wouldn't know where to start! oh wait, too late! :rofl2:

Imagine that as a possibility, and where would it end?

The technology would pose a double edged sword and in the wrong moral application could spell doom for us all!

And it's not nice to be denied for simplicity, that's my view.

Are we not already there? We just misdiagnose it as ADHD or similar.

Are you bored working in an office for 70% of your awake week with no natural light and living in surburbs where you likely don't know your neighbours more than one house either way and the only friends you have being those from school (a diminishing resource as time goes on), work or your family? Why not try ritalin and zoloft? Move somewhere with people, get a job that interests you and actually meet some people? That is way more trouble than a few pills 4 times a day.
This is before we even consider what school typically is (hint, the militaries and factories of the 1800s did not want people that could think and their desires still form the basis of the current systems).

Anyway choices are good.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Are you bored working in an office for 70% of your awake week with no natural light and living in surburbs where you likely don't know your neighbours more than one house either way and the only friends you have being those from school (a diminishing resource as time goes on), work or your family? Why not try ritalin and zoloft? Move somewhere with people, get a job that interests you and actually meet some people? That is way more trouble than a few pills 4 times a day.
This is before we even consider what school typically is (hint, the militaries and factories of the 1800s did not want people that could think and their desires still form the basis of the current systems).

Anyway choices are good.
Why ritalin when you have the temps and videogames?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Anyway choices are good.
Ah there's someone who makes sense here, good.

Let me try to make some sense too.

I see a lot of people confusing words like sex and gender and I get that. But let's just stick with sex is male or female (yes there's also others but those are exceptions, like micro-penis and huge clitoritis or something) and gender is a lifestyle choice like being a gamer or a sports type. Sports types for example like talking about running all the time and run to work and love runner's highs and all that, it's their lifestyle. Same as gender, you identify as a woman although your sex is male, just means you probably like putting on makeup, grow long hair, play with barbies rather than legos, etc., etc. and that's fine. Everyone should be able choose what they want to be and how to live. The government shouldn't have any say in that. The problem is that we still have things like hate crimes, racial as well as gender based or what have you. That's what needs to be erased if you want true equality. No documents need to have your race or gender or sex on it, except for the private medical files of your doctor, because to him/her/apache helicopter/frankenstein it can be very helpful diagnosing an illness for instance. If official documents don't specify these things any more, we can start treating each other equally and stop speaking of hate crimes and just call it crime. It shouldn't matter if you call someone a black transexual fartsniffer or a white gay nazi furry, as long everyone receives equal treatment and equal lawful punishment for crossing the law. Now you have racism and genderism existing because they have special laws and the media likes to jump on these things like trampolines because it creates a lot of uproar and that's what the media wants, otherwise they'd have nothing to do.
If you want equal treatment, you need equal laws that apply to everyone and the removal of putting people in specific boxes, be it with legal documents or whatever.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah there's someone who makes sense here, good.

Let me try to make some sense too.

I see a lot of people confusing words like sex and gender and I get that. But let's just stick with sex is male or female (yes there's also others but those are exceptions, like micro-penis and huge clitoritis or something) and gender is a lifestyle choice like being a gamer or a sports type. Sports types for example like talking about running all the time and run to work and love runner's highs and all that, it's their lifestyle. Same as gender, you identify as a woman although your sex is male, just means you probably like putting on makeup, grow long hair, play with barbies rather than legos, etc., etc. and that's fine. Everyone should be able choose what they want to be and how to live. The government shouldn't have any say in that. The problem is that we still have things like hate crimes, racial as well as gender based or what have you. That's what needs to be erased if you want true equality. No documents need to have your race or gender or sex on it, except for the private medical files of your doctor, because to him/her/apache helicopter/frankenstein it can be very helpful diagnosing an illness for instance. If official documents don't specify these things any more, we can start treating each other equally and stop speaking of hate crimes and just call it crime. It shouldn't matter if you call someone a black transexual fartsniffer or a white gay nazi furry, as long everyone receives equal treatment and equal lawful punishment for crossing the law. Now you have racism and genderism existing because they have special laws and the media likes to jump on these things like trampolines because it creates a lot of uproar and that's what the media wants, otherwise they'd have nothing to do.
If you want equal treatment, you need equal laws that apply to everyone and the removal of putting people in specific boxes, be it with legal documents or whatever.
In the case of DHHS, they want to know sex because that's one of the factors they use in dealing out assistance. A single mother is more likely to get assistance than a single dad in my experience. I apply and I have to do these phone interviews and tons of paperwork, check stubs, all that shit. The phone interview was more like an interrogation and they made sure to set it up for a date and time I was going to be at work, so I had to take a long lunch for it. It would have been easier to apply for a job at the CIA. My ex applies, gets food stamps and medicaid for her and our kids, no problem.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LSD can set you free, no more worrying about what others think of you in a way which hurts your psyche/mental state, knowing that you are an individual and that maybe you are right and they are wrong or at least misguided, the ability to even forgive those who hate you because you understand that maybe they are jealous that they never went down the other road that they know you did when faced with said choice.

The world isn't the same as it was pre-war, we are in alien times, bois.

Time to reconfigure!

P

pasc

The brain differences in TG people are provable.

How do they intend to "remove that out of existance" ?

T-F...

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The brain differences in TG people are provable.

How do they intend to "remove that out of existance" ?

T-F...

I think this thread is out of proportion, it's just the law for documents of identity, etc.

While it is shit what they're doing, it doesn't mean people will physically have to alter the way they live, sure it means people will have to be ready for the fact that getting a job and similar things, you will give away that you're transitioning because they will see either the F or M printed in bold type below your name, and yeah, lack of personal privacy/transparency.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only real usefulness I see in this is the "objective sex" part. As said earlier, being transgender doesn't affect your sex, that will always stay the same.
For instance, the maximum recommended dose of alcohol is different in men and women. If you were to be a woman but confused as a man, you could get harmful medical advice.
But I don't find eliminating the concept of being transgender as something that will benefit society.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ