Transformers ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Callumwatkin1, Jun 18, 2007.

Jun 18, 2007

Transformers ? by Callumwatkin1 at 10:01 AM (2,250 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. Callumwatkin1
    OP

Newcomer Callumwatkin1 Member

United Kingdom
    Has anyone played it yet?
    Do you think its worth getting?
    Please give me some advice should i get it?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its not out till tomorrow so no one here would've played it.

Check back Friday, and look for the release thread for it and you'll find many opinions regarding the game.

I don't think it would be worth buying from the looks of it but it does seem one of the better movie based games out there.

3. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    I'M WAITING FOR THIS GAME ! I love games that provide you freedom (just like Coujou Shou Mecha MG did ^^ )

*dreams of flying around in a jet*

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    It's out tomorrow, and I'm going to play it right away! After that I'll try out Simcity too.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    According to previews it isn't a sandbox game so freedom will be quite limited sadly.

6. mrotto

Newcomer mrotto Member

Downloaded and tried with M3+passkey2....tried all sort of DS write configuration conbinations. But nothing worked [​IMG] . So no, I haven't played it [​IMG] [​IMG] ....Will definitely wait for the game to be available at the shop [​IMG] ...Unless someone else has got the DS write configuration right.... [​IMG]

7. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    Err... dude... the game pretty much sucks... I was waiting for it too, and then I played it. It's repetitive and a lot more boring than I thought.

8. mrotto

Newcomer mrotto Member

Thanx Wrath of God...

Will definitely not wait for it to arrive at the shop!

There goes my childhood hero [​IMG]

9. ghettobob

Member ghettobob GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, this game is very boring. I've only done about 3 missions and i am already tired of it. Not worth buying IMO [​IMG]

10. Nenyana

Newcomer Nenyana Advanced Member

I like this game alot but then I am a long time Transformers fan. I haven't been playing it for very long though. No one mentioned the destructable environments, how the cops and the Army come after you if you attack to many people / property (like GTA), how they use genuine voices for the Transformers.

There are many good points to this game and some bad but none of it will matter if you are not very familiar with the Transformers because you will not be able to appreciate some of the dialogue, wise comments or game play elements. The environment are kind of free roam, some describe it as a sandbox type environment. You can crawl up buildings, fight, drive, shoot and it is alot of fun. This game is worth buying.

Take a look at IGN Hands on http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/796/796025p1.html

There are 2 reader reviews, one person gave it a 9.0 and the other gave it a 10.0, I would so far give it an 8.5.

11. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I love this game. I don't know what people were expecting but it has more than I expected.

It has 4 areas and they range from fairly big to huge. Like the guy above me said Transformers fans will appreciate it more.

I only played Decepticons and it had a great story with Starscream and Megatron portrayed as the most evil they've ever been. Even the ending reminds you that the Decepticons are not your friends even if you are one, lol.

It has great multiplayer with one standard shoot to kill mode and a get the All spark in goal type game, where you pick up the cube and get it in your goal. The online game is fun too. It's actually a time trial that compares owners of the Autobots version with the Decepticons. It sounds simple but it's really competetive. Each day they set up a different challange for everyone.

It's basically GTA/Hulk Ultimate Destruction with Transformers. It also has some minor G1 references.

12. Deanwick

Member Deanwick GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!

Finland
    I`d say rather Crackdown, but never mind. I played the Autobots about 20% through last weekend and I can also recommend it. That being said, I`m also a transformer-head, so I guess that folks who never liked those marvellous transforming bots won`t give it much love. I would`ve played it more but I was afraid that it would spoil the upcoming movie too much and I also have the preorder of the pc-version coming to my mailbox soon. On the other hand though, the movie IS being directed by Michael Bay, which probably means that I shouldn`t worry too much about the plot [​IMG]

13. silentreapr

Member silentreapr GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Decepticons all the way! Loving the game.. and the destruction I can do.

14. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    GTA is the first thing that came to my mind as well when I was watching IGN's latest video preview of the game(s). I was pretty dang impressed. Sure, it's going to be very basic -- it's a DS game -- but there are a lot of destructibles (trees, cars, streets, etc.) and surprisingly good dialogue (actual voice work -- who-ah!). I personally won't go into this game expecting a deep console version of a GTA-type game, but I look forward to the degree of free-roaming the game seems to offer.

In the end, though, it comes down to this...Kieth David does extensive voice work in the Decepticons version, so that's a definite buy for me [​IMG] . Dude is the most under-rated "bad-ass" in Hollywood.

15. Antihero2007

Member Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yeah it's worth getting, I went with the bad boy version myself. The only things that bother me about the game are the black line thing at the top of the screen and that bumble bee doesn't seem to be a beatle (I'm not sure about this didn't get a good look) and he seems more serious than I remember.

Oh and the movie, it won't be as good as the one from the 1980's. NO Prime why did you have to DIE!!!

P.S. Why is Megatron a plane? He was much cooler as a gun.

16. ssoccerh

Member ssoccerh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my friend says it is a fun game but i have not tryed it

17. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I'd like to learn more about it sucking or not. General reviews seem to consist on the fact across all HOME platforms the game is a crappy 5-6 rating claiming various stuff. I've seen bland, gets boring fast, 'wash-rinse-repeat' gameplay, 'cheap' shields that can block anything (objects too) at any time, and that projectiles are nearly worthless so it gets summed down into a stupid hand to hand combat title. Now those are the comments I've seen from reviewers claiming to be FANS of the old series and liking the pre-stuff of the new movie to come. THat's what got me worried as I instantly ignored anything that wasn't be a fan of the series as that usually always turns bad.

I've read the DS titles faired the best, but barely better (solid mid/high 6 range) scores though. Nearly the same comments have popped up, but not so aggressively as if they may have been handled a bit nicer.

I've seriously wanted to nab both the Wii and the DS copy (likely Autobots) but that's $80+tax on something that could blow.

I'm one who can't be swayed by fanboyism bs as I was quite in want of Robotech when that popped up a few years ago, but I wasted some money on that one. The camera sucked and control outside of flight mode were sketchy at best. Combine that with some dodgy control, camera, and ai problems I sent it packing. [​IMG] Just not sure how to feel on the Transformers since hte reviews like Robotech are consistant in the whining about the same issues on any copy of the game. I really would rather not wait for the $20 dumpster dive late summer, but will if I have to.

18. Domino606

Newcomer Domino606 Newbie

United States
    I have yet to try any of the console versions and have really got A LOT of mixed reviews. Plenty of people have claimed to blew their money and regret getting it. Then there are those faithfuls that love it and think it is pretty good. I believe it will ultimately be a rent first type game to see how it is. Although I hear you can beat it fairly easily within those 5 days as the main story can barely surface 9 hours of total game play seeing how there is no online for it.

The DS games I must say are quite worth it. I own the Decepticon version and I am taking my time with it until I download the G1 Skin of Starscream from Target. There's also the Wi-Fi aspect of it when you can compete in the Allspark War that require you to do a certain missions a day and the better you do and the more you play the team you play for gets points and at the end of the day tokens. The Decepticons currently won the first war and were really outnumbered but participated a whole lot more. There's no multiplayer, only local multiplayer. The story seeing how I only own the Decepticon version is quite interesting so far. I won't ruin it but you do a couple of missions and you can spend a good time trying to level up and doing side missions along with trying to scan different vechiles that best suits you. Of course people say the Decepticon version is much easier since you get XP for destroying and wreaking havoc and in the Autobot version you must serve and protect. Not sure what happens if you cause destruction. But for the Decepticons if you transform into your robot mode for no reason and don't do anything. Autobot droves come from anywhere and attack. I

personally love the DS version and I am trying to draw it out like I said until I get that skin. I guess I would love it more if I had friends that played it or even had a DS. It would be great with Wi-Fi thought. I do plan to rent Transformers: The Game tomorrow so hopefully blockbuster has it. I really want the game to be good but there is no online so there probably will be little replay value unless you just want to go mess around and blow things up. Maybe another attempt soon.... [​IMG]

19. kaisai

Member kaisai GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i like the DS game, but i think the Wii game is a lot better

20. kaisai

Member kaisai GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i like the DS game, but i think the Wii game is a lot better