Transflash Prices

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jono_, Oct 16, 2006.

1. jono_
    OP

jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2006
    How come 2GB TF cards are expensive as, its almost cheaper to buy two 1GB ones?

Anyone know whre i can get a 2GB TF good deal? (AUS)

2. FifthE1ement

FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2006
    United States
    The 2GB models have just been released in the past month so, no, the prices will not drop for a while.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

3. jono_
    OP

jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2006
    oh really lol, i thought they had been out for a while.

so do u think a 1GB will be good? im looking at scumm talkies and organize etc.

really i want an expandable mem solution next to my G6, but i like my GBA, i was thinkin m3 lite. is EZflash thing ne good?

the other half of the delimma is that i want a slot 1, so maybe cause most the GBA games i play are remakes, and SNES emulation is improving heaps so should i wait for a Acekard? ideas?

help me team

4. pte

pte GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2006
    At least I haven't been able to fill up my 1GB A-Data card but when I was using my sucky 512mb kingston it was filled up very fast. If you have the patience you should wait for a while with those 2GB cards. In few months the prices might come down after more than two manufacturers have those 2GB cards out.

5. rkenshin

rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 2, 2005
    United States
    prices will go down when fakes hit the market [​IMG]

6. Heinrisch

Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2006
    Ofcourse two one gigs are cheaper then a 2 gig! The cost of the hardware in a micro sd card is close to free [​IMG]

However, why even spend money on a 1 gig? I got a 512 MB for $14. Thats enogh space.

7. kalibar

kalibar GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2006
    United States
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Are you trolling? Kid's asking about 2 gig cards, not asking people to tell him to use a solution that doesn't meet his needs.

8. shtonkalot

shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

May 28, 2006
    Gosford, Australia
    Gotta agree with you kalibar, not the most helpful post.
    I'm pretty keen to buy a 2GB Micro-SD but am waiting for availability to rise and prices to fall.
    I currently have two 1GB and a 512MB Micro-SD already. I love having extra space to fill though!

9. rkenshin

rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 2, 2005
    United States
    too many transflash cards = them falling out of your pocket like pennies [​IMG]

10. shtonkalot

May 28, 2006
    Gosford, Australia
    Not if you have enough flashcarts to keep them in [​IMG]

11. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Then why get a flash cart w/ removable media?!? [​IMG]

12. shtonkalot

May 28, 2006
    Gosford, Australia
    Well you show me where I can buy an EZ4 Lite deluxe with built in 1 GB+ memory and I'll buy that!
    But anyway, who said anything about not buying carts with built in memory?

I'm going pokemon style on them, gotta catch 'em all!
    I have An EZ4-lite original +1 GB TF, EZ4 lite Deluxe +1 GB TF, DS-Link + 512 MB TF and M3 Mini + 2 GB Mini-SD.
    Want to get: G6 Lite (new 2 GB model), DS-Xtreme, Ewin Mini, AceKard (if/when it comes out) and I guess a Supercard of some sort (not a big fan of SC).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice