Hacking Transferring Zelda LBTW Save from Old Gateway to New

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the save but it doesn't show up. All my others do (I took them from my old SD card and put them on my new 3ds micro). Any suggestions?

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have the save but it doesn't show up. All my others do (I took them from my old SD card and put them on my new 3ds micro). Any suggestions?

1. Your 3DS Firmware version
2. Your N3DS Firmware version
3. Is your game a 3DS-rom/CIA-installation or retail-cartridge?
4. How did you transfer your saves etc.?

5. Did you use Nintendo transfer software from the system settings?
6. If yes, do you still have your saves on the old 3DS?

I'm asking the last question because the Nintendo transfer software asks you at the end if you want to delete your old SD-content.

In the end it's like this:

1. For 3DS-roms you should have a 00040000000EC300.sav in the root of your SD-card. Copy it to the new SD and you should be good to go. Easy as that.

2. For CIA-games you will have a 00040000000EC300.sav-file as well, but you need to do something else. You open up SaveDataFiler and in the "User"-tab you look for "00EC3". You can check the ID yourself on http://3ds.essh.co/

Then you export the save-file using the Y-button (look at the top-screen) and then the A-button (for confirmation). Next you put the SD in your PC and there is a new "filer"-folder on it. Copy it to the new MicroSD.

On the N3DS open up SaveDataFiler again and go to the "SD"-tab.

there you will see something like:

user : 20150314173700 : 00EC3

2015 - year
03 - month
14 - day
17 - hour
37 - minute
00 - second

Highlight it and press R+A to import it.

delt31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry guys - let me be a little more clear. I was playing a backup of Zelda LBTW on my old 3ds XL with 4.5 FW using gateway. I then got the new 3ds on 9.0 fw but before I sold my old one, I took out the SD card and dumped all of the save info. I then took the saved info and put it on my 3ds micro sd card and with the new gateway update, able to boot backups. All of the saves seem to have carried over fine doing that process except Zelda as it shows no saved game. I'm confident the save is on the micro sd card but heard that Zelda might use a special save system or file structure that prevents this easy copy over. Any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night