Gaming Transferring Yo Kai Watch BS/FS Save twice?

vinstage

sweg
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
So, I decided to download Yo Kai Watch Bony Spirits to obtain a few yo kai through the save editor, ended up completing the game after being unable to transfer the save* with hacked yo kai for a while and resulting in a complete game (not quite complete quests ect.) I went to transfer this save file to my SD but it turns out, I'd accidentally transferred an earlier version of it and now I can't transfer my complete version as it doesn't allow you to transfer twice.

*the Psychic Specters copy was bust so it wouldn't detect importing files, I re installed and now it seems to pick up on them.

tl;dr: Can you export a Fleshy Souls/Bony Spirits save file twice? I know nintendo clearly states you can't but, is there another way via a save manager or something?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine simply using JK's Save Manager to delete the entire save data related to Psychic Specters would clean off any "limitation" it has stored. After all, you can label your Bony Spirits/Fleshy Souls save files as "transferred" as much as you want. The only limit on a single save file is on Psychic Specters itself. Wipe it clean and reinsert the save you want.

vinstage

sweg
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I would imagine simply using JK's Save Manager to delete the entire save data related to Psychic Specters would clean off any "limitation" it has stored. After all, you can label your Bony Spirits/Fleshy Souls save files as "transferred" as much as you want. The only limit on a single save file is on Psychic Specters itself. Wipe it clean and reinsert the save you want.
Ah I tried this a while ago, thanks for replying though, I'll probably just replay the game.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing to watch out, not sure if this will help, is the region. I made the mistake of trying to import my USA Fleshy save file to EUR Psychic Specters.

Reactions: vinstage

Kotas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so try checkpoint to see backup your save then go to ur com and move that backup into the psychic thing and put ur sd back and that should work

DarkCarter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kotas is not right for the most part, you do want to use checkpoint but you have to erase your PS data then you back it up with BS/FS useing checkpoint to plug it into your computer, then you want to go to 3ds (or nintendo 3ds) --> checkpoint the BS or FS folder copy the head file and game 1 into PS then it should work after you restore
Post automatically merged:

Kotas is not right for the most part, you do want to use checkpoint but you have to erase your PS data then you back it up with BS/FS useing checkpoint to plug it into your computer, then you want to go to 3ds (or nintendo 3ds) --> checkpoint the BS or FS folder copy the head file and game 1 into PS then it should work after you restore

SlimeyHD

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Post automatically merged:

I have tried what you said here but it doesn't really work. Whenever I try to launch my savefile in PS that I copied from BS it just says that the save file is corrupted. Do you maybe know what I am doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn