Hacking Transferring Wii data from Japanese Wii to US Wii U.

Ugothacked

Trophies
Website
UgotHacked.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
This will not work... Let me give you an example:

I have Mario Kart Wii i bought in Japan, the game ID is RMCJ01, then I get my Mario Kart Wii i bought in the US, the game ID is RMCE01. They are 2 different game IDs for 2 different regions, so lets say you copy the Japanese save data to your American Wii, and you start up your American Mario Kart, the Japanese data will not show because you are playing the American version looking for the ID RMCE01

But if you asking if the data can be copied, then yes, yes it can

ozl

Wii4everybody
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii4everybody.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Will changing the name of the file to CE01 make it work? in my case i was never able to see the saves from my sd card with savegame manager gxm it could be that im using a wrong version not for vWii, what did you use? Good day people!

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, you can. Use this method, but for whatever game you are converting.

QUOTE(davepm;185499) said:

[GUIDE] Convert NSMB PAL save to NTSC

Short guide on how to convert a PAL save to NTSC.

***BACKUP YOUR SAVES FIRST, DON'T COME COMPLAINING IF YOU SCREW IT UP AND LOSE YOUR SAVE.***
All you need is Savegame Manager here and a hex editor (Hex Editor Neo is free here).

1. Make sure you have a game save for your NTSC-U version. Then open Savegame Manager and select "extract" and "SD".

2. Find your NSMBW saves (should be listed twice, one for each region) and extract them.

3. You can now delete the PAL save file (it's the one that says "Play Mario with your friends!," while the NTSC-U says "A new Mario adventure!". DO NOT DELETE THE NTSC-U SAVEGAME OR YOU WILL GET THE -106 ERROR WHEN YOU TRY TO REINSTALL IT! If you do by accident, just run the NTSC-U game and create a new one.

4. Now take your SD card and put it in your computer.

5. In the root of your SD card you will find the "savegames" folder with two more folders in it. The one that ends with "45" is NTSC-U and the one that ends with "50" is your PAL save. Open the PAL folder (00010000534d4e50) and open "wiimj2d.sav" with your hex editor.

6. The very first thing you should see on the text side is "SMNP". Change the "P" to "E" (yes it is case sensitive) and save.

7. Copy the edited "wiimj2d.sav" to your NTSC-U folder (00010000534d4e45), and delete the PAL folder.

8. Now insert the SD card back into your Wii and launch Savegame Manager.

9. This time select "install" then "SD" and install your NSMBW save.

just quoting an old post , not sure if it will work in your case but worth a try , if you try plz post back your findings

Reactions: DarkCharizardEX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Take some, @Sonic Angel Knight Here. :grog: