Transferring Wii data from Japanese Wii to US Wii U.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by DarkCharizardEX, Aug 12, 2013.

1. DarkCharizardEX
    OP

DarkCharizardEX Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2013
    Canada
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Ok, both the Wii and the Wii U has homebrew installed and I plan to use Savegame Manager GX to transfer the saves. Anyone know a better way?

2. Ugothacked

Ugothacked GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    This will not work... Let me give you an example:

I have Mario Kart Wii i bought in Japan, the game ID is RMCJ01, then I get my Mario Kart Wii i bought in the US, the game ID is RMCE01. They are 2 different game IDs for 2 different regions, so lets say you copy the Japanese save data to your American Wii, and you start up your American Mario Kart, the Japanese data will not show because you are playing the American version looking for the ID RMCE01

But if you asking if the data can be copied, then yes, yes it can

3. ozl

ozl Wii4everybody

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2008
    Mexico
    Nuevo Laredo
    Will changing the name of the file to CE01 make it work? in my case i was never able to see the saves from my sd card with savegame manager gxm it could be that im using a wrong version not for vWii, what did you use? Good day people!

4. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    just quoting an old post , not sure if it will work in your case but worth a try , if you try plz post back your findings