Transferring VPK's to and from your psvita with FTP or pop save

VPK to PsVita Without FTP or psp save

What you need:

molecularShell
Computer with Content Manager assistant
VPK of your choice
Psvita and usb to vita cable

Example:

Step 1: Take example.vpk and change it to example.mp3. locate the default music folder that your psvita will be able to recognize mp3s and put your example.mp3 (formerly vpk) into that music folder on your pc or mac.
(go to your Content Manager Assistant's preferences to find out your default music folder)

Step 2: Get your psvita and launch the music app, tap your computers name/Songs/example.mp3 and copy it.

Step 3: Now open molecularShell locate ux0:/music/0d(this will change via file) after that you should see "example.mp3", highlight it and press triangle and rename it to example.vpk then install it and it should work!

I've only tested this with vitamin and shovel knights, i do not condone piracy, modify your psvita at your own risk.

Edit:
EXPORTING VPK'S TO YOUR COMPUTER WITHOUT FTP

What you need:

Vitamin
MolecularShell
psvita and usb
computer with at least one mp3 file

Step 1
: Put a song on your psvita, any song (rename the song to something easy to remember)
Ex. VPKexport.mp3

Step 2: locate your newly made vpk back up in molecular shell (ux0:/Vitamin/random 2digits/randomname.vpk)

Step 3: press triangle and rename you vpk to the name of your mp3 (mine would be "VPKexport.mp3")

Step 4: press triangle and copy the vpk to (ux0:/music/random 2digits/VPKexport.mp3)
and replace the song with the vpk with the same name.

Step 5: open your music app on the psvita, while connected to your computer via usb and copy the song "VPKexport.mp3" to you computers music folder, that'll actually be your vpk and you can rename it on your computer to what the actual game is called.

At the end of the transfer, on your computer your "VPKexport.mp3" should be as big as the game vpk you are exporting if done successfully. If it is not, then you just transferred the song back to your computer!

Last edited by DeeHow,

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people have been doing this with mp4s and qcma since the release/shortly after the release of henkaku.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a good thread as ive had henkaku since day one and just the other day made a thread asking how to put vpks without ftp.
My other question, for an emulator, how do you transfer the roms, in the same way as the vpk?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this also work the other way around? Transfer a vpk created with Vitamin to PC?

I copied the vpk to the video folder, renamed it to .mp4, but it is not recognized by QCMA.

DeeHow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I still need a PSN account?
This shouldn't require a psn account at all... and if you can connect your pstv to your computer via usb cable then you should be able to do the steps as instructed. if not then you'll have to use FTP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My ps vita didnt reconized mp3 or mp4 using QCMA too.
I don't use the content manager on the psvita to copy the vpk thats renamed as mp3, instead i use the music app to transfer the vpk renamed at mp3 to my console

DeeHow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this also work the other way around? Transfer a vpk created with Vitamin to PC?

I copied the vpk to the video folder, renamed it to .mp4, but it is not recognized by QCMA.
i edited my post to answer some of your questions, also try to use mp3 and transfer the file through
the music app on your vita... you can try using mp4 but you'd have to transfer from your videos app on your vita
and your default videos folder on your pc/mac

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I tried using the music app. It still opens content manager for me. And it requires a connection with PSN or atleast an account on my Vita for it.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using the music app. It still opens content manager for me. And it requires a connection with PSN or atleast an account on my Vita for it.

I'm using qcma and had no problem accessing my files. I use usb mode only. Try turning off wifi and make sure qcma is using usb mode. I used thw mp3 trick and it worked fine. Far as i know, you don't want to use the official content manager from sony.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm using qcma and had no problem accessing my files. I use usb mode only. Try turning off wifi and make sure qcma is using usb mode. I used thw mp3 trick and it worked fine. Far as i know, you don't want to use the official content manager from sony.
I'm using Qcma. What I'm talking about is on the Vita.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Qcma. What I'm talking about is on the Vita.
Idk what the problem is. Qcma shouldnt need a psn connection. I have wifi off when i connect to qcma. Sorry i cant be of more help, im still a bit of a noob on vita. Hopefully someone more experienced can help you.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Didn't work for me with mp3 (music) and mp4 (video), so I just gave it a try as a jpg (photos) and voila, currently copying it over. :D
€dit: nvm... Failed right at the end.

Last edited by signz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent